Automated E-bay Feed

Poster
Consultant
Kudos: 40
Automated E-bay Feed
23 Feb 2009
I manage a mid-tier retail website. We've used Channel Advisor in the past to manually upload a batch of items that merge with an auction template. It's been a couple years though since I used their service.

We want to take it a step further. We have a 100% customer-built E-commerce platform powering the retail website. What we want to do is automatically fee all of our Clearance products to be listed on E-bay without having to do anything manually. This would probably work similarly to how we feed items to all the shopping comparison engines like Froogle, Nextag, Pricegrabber. Shopzilla, but this feed would just have our clearance items. These sites currently are given a URL where there is a tab or comma delimited file with all the product information that they just read once a day.

As I see it, the challenge with an automated E-bay auction listing feed is two-fold:

1) We don't want a product listed more than once. So how to setup an automated feed where the service creating the auction uses some sort of unique identifier to not list a product in more than once auction.

2) Store listings are not optimal since they are not always shown on search results and if they are, they are at the bottom of the results. We've come to prefer fixed price with make an offer and duration of Good Til Canceled.

Is there any software or service out there that can do this?
Herts, England United Kingdom
Andy
Kudos: 11,626
Re: Automated E-bay Feed
24 Feb 2009

Consultant wrote:

This would probably work similarly to how we feed items to all the shopping comparison engines like Froogle, Nextag, Pricegrabber. Shopzilla, but this feed would just have our clearance items. These sites currently are given a URL where there is a tab or comma delimited file with all the product information that they just read once a day.
The eBay equivalent is their own File Exchange.

File Exchange Information and Resources
Andy Geldman, Web Retailer
Please follow on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn or Google+

Ad-Lister
Xpress Lister
2nd Office
ChannelAdvisor