Anyone experienced, I am trying to find a listing program...

Poster
johnmaster
Kudos: 115
Anyone experienced, I am trying to find a listing program...
6 Apr 2009
I have spent hours searching and I'm still trying to find the right auction listing tool thats right for me. Anyone who could lend their advice, I would appreciate it greatly!
I currently have 150ish listings running and would like to be at about 300+, my roadblock seems to be a tool to create/edit/list/relist that doesnt heavily drain on my time. Turbo Lister would be the ideal candidate but it is so buggy and often slow for me, ebay techs have admitted basic issues with functionality and there's no sign of them being fixed near future (no return policy section on motors items, tax bugs, have to export-import old listings to be able to relist them, I could go on for awhile here.
Most of my listings are going to be recurring so I am happy for the GTC listing style they developed. It would be nice to be able to whip up fast one-time listings and not worry about missing info like a batch of listings where I had tax chosen and it wasnt applied or some I revised and it wiped all the pictures out of them. I dont need any management/email/inventory features if I dont have to have them. Here is my wish list, if anyone can guide me it would be appreciated.

Similar to turbo lister:
desktop application
Create new listings (preferrably single page format)
retrieve old listings (or at least use a csv file from TL)
Edit current auctions from the desktop
Templates would be nice but I can create my own if necessary
a built in item scroller would be nice (I am using Auctiva's but want to switch)
photo hosting solution would be nice but I have PhotoBucket if I need it
automatic photo resizing when inserted is nice
supersize photo capability would be cool
would prefer a one time charge with trial period as opposed to pay as you go

I downloaded SpoonFeeder on the trial version and wasnt impressed, navigation seems unnecessarily difficult, too many tabs with info to check before listing is a great place for errors to hide like price weight etc. when making many similar auctions. I could get used to it but the biggest problem is it doesnt edit auctions once listed, which is a huge time waster for me, I would have to keep TL around just to edit auctions or have to spend more time doing it online.

Also, is Blackthorne a supercharged version of Selling Manager? It's slow but selling manager lets me check for unpaid listings and leave bulk feedback when I need to, which is all I really need it to do.

Thanks for your time!
John

[Last edited by moderator: Added detail to title — 6 Apr 2009]
United States United States
johnmaster
Re: Anyone with experience, I am trying to find a solution..
6 Apr 2009
Anyone using inkFrog? Looks like the closest thing so far...they are an ebay certified provider.
Herts, England United Kingdom
Andy
Kudos: 11,623
Re: Anyone experienced, I am trying to find a listing progra
21 Apr 2009
Hi John, thanks for posting. Sorry for not getting back to you sooner. I'll try to answer some of your specific questions.

johnmaster wrote:

Also, is Blackthorne a supercharged version of Selling Manager?
Not really, eBay Blackthorne is a completely separate desktop application with a wider set of features

johnmaster wrote:

Anyone using inkFrog? Looks like the closest thing so far...they are an ebay certified provider.
inkFrog is well-regarded but it is a web-based application, and you said you wanted desktop. I wouldn't get too hung up on the Certified Provider status - there are many good companies who aren't in that program.

The field of one-time payment (or free) desktop listers is pretty limited. See here. You tend to get better features with web-based listers or high-end management tools, or desktop auction managers with recurring fees (which can be quite low).

For desktop auction managers see here, AuctionSage is the best-regarded of those - but it's not just a lister so you might find it complicated for your needs. Blackthorne is also worth a try.

For web based, the lower-cost options - in addition to inkFrog, are Vendio, AuctionSound, Auction Hawk and of course Auctiva.

Hope that helps!

[Last edited: 21 Apr 2009]
Andy Geldman, Web Retailer
Please follow on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn or Google+
Supplier
Raewyck Software
Kudos: 20
21 Apr 2009
Hi John,

Take a close look at BayLister by Raewyck Software. It should handle almost all of your requirements. It's a Windows based desktop app that sells for $20 USD per year.

Get a full working demo copy at www.raewycksoftware.com and check it out.
Supplier
SpoonFeeder
Kudos: 40
21 Apr 2009
Hi johnmaster, did you try using the new SpoonFeeder bulk editor instead of the listing creator? Its more of a grid style editor you might prefer it to the tab format of the listing creator.
johnmaster
21 Apr 2009
Tried SpoonFeeder, did not like the navigation, too many tabs hiding information to worry about, prefer a single page format like TurboLister. I think it was missing some features I was looking for as well, there didnt seem to be an easy way (or a way) to review what was already listed and running.

So far I am liking inkFrog. Very interactive flash style site and very professional looking templates with the option to create a custom template. It eliminates my need for a desktop application because it is so fast. I tried Auctiva a long time ago and the pageflow was super slow. built in automatic slideshow creator and they seem to be on top of ebays changes...I will keep my eyes open, but so far they get my vote. Wonder why are they not mentioned on this site?
johnmaster
21 Apr 2009
Just re-read your post, I wasnt aware there was a bulk editor. How do I find it and does it manage currently running auctions?
Herts, England United Kingdom
Andy
Kudos: 11,623
22 Apr 2009

johnmaster wrote:

inkFrog... wonder why are they not mentioned on this site?
They are John, here: inkFrog

It would be great if you could add a review.
Andy Geldman, Web Retailer
Please follow on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn or Google+
johnmaster
22 Apr 2009
PostedI

Selro
StoreFeeder
World First
Seller Dynamics