Need a Management Program to Get Results

Poster
wdolson
Kudos: 15
Need a Management Program to Get Results
6 May 2009
I used to do a fair bit of business on Ebay and used Poster Toaster and Shooting Star to list and download auction information. It looks like that company has pretty much folded since I last used Ebay. So I'm in search of something new that will do the job.

I have written a custom Access database with which to manage my auctions. I have been exporting data from my program to post auctions and then downloading and importing the results back into my program.

It looks like I can use Turbo Lister to post auctions. I only need to do a few tweaks to my data to convert from Poster Toaster to Turbo Lister.

Where I'm stumped is in getting the data off Ebay after the auction. I don't need a lot of data, just the following:

Item number
Item title
winner id
winner e-mail
winning bid

The date and winner address would be nice, but I can manager without it.

Will Ebay's Accounting Assistant provide this information? I see that it provides data in a spreadsheet format, while I can work with. I can't find anything that describes the exact information provided by this tool.

Bill
Herts, England United Kingdom
Andy
Kudos: 11,616
Re: Need a Management Program to Get Results
11 May 2009

wdolson wrote:

I used to do a fair bit of business on Ebay and used Poster Toaster and Shooting Star to list and download auction information. It looks like that company has pretty much folded since I last used Ebay. So I'm in search of something new that will do the job.
Although the Shooting Star website is still available, there was some drama last year and many users jumped ship as they couldn't get support.

There is an active Shooting Star group on eBay.

I hear a good alternative is AuctionSage, which has a good reputation and some new features to help Shooting Star users migrate.
Andy Geldman, Web Retailer
Please follow on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn or Google+
Souther CA United States
michael_zippi
Kudos: 20
29 May 2009
Andy -

Just wanted to say thank you. The information is awesome. I've been using Auctiva and happy. But, now that it is fee based I am looking around for some options. I am not at the $25.00 a month level yet. Soon though.

Michael
Souther CA United States
michael_zippi
Kudos: 20
29 May 2009
I am currently using Auctia. I am looking at replacement management software. I am more interested in diminishings returns and features and less interested in web based or desktop based. Working my way toward becoming a TA and i current sell client items on consignment. inkFrog, Auction Sage or Blackthorne Basic seem to be contentors. As you can see at this stage i am looking lower costs. But, I am interested in feed back, experience with either of the above, lessons learned or other advice.

Thank you in advance for such a great forum.

Michael

ReplyManager
Sellware
Ad-Lister
Xpress Lister