Sniping programs

Poster
United States United States
JAW
Kudos: 30
Sniping programs
8 May 2009
2 questions regarding auction sniping programs:

1) Anyone aware of any sniping programs that will work on non-eBay auction sites?
For example, a fav eBay seller of mine is leaving eBay to start his own private online auction website to sell his goods. I'm wondering if a sniping program would work on his site; I was under the impression that I would have to hire a programmer to write a custom snipe program to work on private auction sites.

2) Is there such a thing as anti-sniping programs, for example if a bid is placed within the last minute, the bidding end time is extended by 10 minutes or so? Seems like a logistical nightmare if implemented (when will the auction actually end if bidders keep bidding within last minute?).

JAW
Herts, England United Kingdom
Andy
Kudos: 11,616
Re: Sniping programs
11 May 2009

JAW wrote:

1) Anyone aware of any sniping programs that will work on non-eBay auction sites?
For example, a fav eBay seller of mine is leaving eBay to start his own private online auction website to sell his goods. I'm wondering if a sniping program would work on his site; I was under the impression that I would have to hire a programmer to write a custom snipe program to work on private auction sites.
Bidnapper is unique in working on non-eBay sites, but it won't work on a new private auction site - that would have to be specifically programmed.

JAW wrote:

2) Is there such a thing as anti-sniping programs, for example if a bid is placed within the last minute, the bidding end time is extended by 10 minutes or so? Seems like a logistical nightmare if implemented (when will the auction actually end if bidders keep bidding within last minute?).
This certainly won't work on eBay as you can no longer extend auctions once two hours have passed. Some auction sites automatically extend auctions if there is a bid in the last few minutes (e.g. Yahoo! Japan)
Andy Geldman, Web Retailer
Please follow on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn or Google+

Ad-Lister
Xpress Lister
2nd Office
ChannelAdvisor