Any hosted/web-based versions of ebay watching software?

Poster
Christine
Kudos: 30
Any hosted/web-based versions of ebay watching software?
18 May 2009
Hi, are there any services for watching Ebay items that are hosted on a website rather than requiring you to download software?

I've found programs like JBidWatcher and ESR very useful before, but I want something I can access from two computers. There is a compatibility issue on the OS of the second computer (though there may be a workaround), but my main reason for wanting something web-based and remotely hosted is so I can add items from either computer to the list.

I use Wishpot for a wishlist of other items online, but I'd really like something that would tell me when auctions are about to expire, etc.

Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks
Herts, England United Kingdom
Andy
Kudos: 11,661
Re: Any hosted/web-based versions of ebay watching software?
18 May 2009
Hi Christine

I think a lot of people will just use the My eBay watch list or a web-based sniper to keep track of items.

You could look at AuctionMonitor.net, which provides RSS feeds of watched items etc. You can then add those to any RSS reader, such as iGoogle or My Yahoo!

Another option is BayToGo.com, which sends SMS text message alerts, but it's more for sellers than buyers.

Hope that helps!
Andy Geldman, Web Retailer
Please follow on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn or Google+
Australia Australia
Christine
18 May 2009
Hi Andy, thanks for your reply. I did sign up to AuctionMonitor earlier today and though it's not exactly what I'm after, it looks it has some handy tools.

My problem is that my Ebay watchlist is always full . I make jewellery and Ebay is great for supplies and it's very easy to end up with dozens of small items from just one seller in my watchlist. I also collect vintage clothes and records, and being able to compile a large wishlist of longer-term BIN listings in something like JBidWatcher is ideal, as I can peruse it now and then to see what I can afford to splurge on.

I was looking through JBidwatcher's forums and noted the developer mentioned he had plans for a site like I'm wishing for. The posts were from mid-last year, so hopefully it's not too far off.
United States United States
tracker
Kudos: 228
19 May 2009
Hi,

It has been a while since I used it but it should be at least as good as it used to be. I was buying supplies too and it was great.

www.powersnipe.com/

Tracker
Supplier
United States
myibay.com
Kudos: 229
7 Jun 2009
Christine,
Any decent Sniper service can do it for you.
You can pick any free service since you don't need anything which is offered by paid snipers.
Australia Australia
Christine
16 Jun 2009
Thanks for the suggestions!

I should have mentioned that I'm only interested in free services.

myibay, are there free sniping services that also let you watch items without sniping? I use Gixen (paid) but can't see any option for that.

Until JBidWatcher launches its online service, I think I will put longer-term BIN items in Wishpot for now.
Supplier
United States
myibay.com
Kudos: 229
16 Jun 2009
Christine,
I can say for sure that myibay.com is a free service for monitoring or sniping (whatever you prefer).

Additionally, please feel free to check out this list of free snipers (most snipers allow you monitoring as well -- if you don't set a snipe):
www.webretailer.com/searches/free-ebay-snipers.asp
Australia Australia
Christine
29 Jul 2009
Thanks very much, myibay, I'll try your service and also have a look at the list you gave me.

Volo
Selro
StoreFeeder
World First