Breaking: Auctiva Now Charging $

Poster
itsjustme
Kudos: 55
Re: Breaking: Auctiva Now Charging $
5 Jun 2009
Len--what about inkFrog or SSB? Also have you posed this scenario on Ebay's forum? Auctiva has been liberal about accepting these questions on their forum as well.

Random thoughts. I have made no decision.
Herts, England United Kingdom
Andy
Kudos: 11,631
8 Jun 2009

lsands45 wrote:

EBAY MOTORS...Any other solutions out there???
Some low cost solutions you could look at (in addition to inkFrog) are eBay Blackthorne, and SpoonFeeder.

There are a few higher-end choices also, like MarketplaceAdvisor, eSellerPro, Kyozou, Zoovy etc.

The Seller Sourcebook are working on features to help Auctiva users migrate to them:

The Seller Sourcebook wrote:

We are working toward adding the ability to also import your actual listings and to convert (Revise) them at eBay to contain URLs to SSB instead of Auctiva. This way you won't have to recreate them. We estimate this function will be available within several days. We are also planning to give the ability to Relist your items.
Andy Geldman, Web Retailer
Please follow on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn or Google+
United States United States
lsands45
Kudos: 25
11 Jun 2009
I want to thank everyone who had ideas with regard to this situation with Auctiva.
I registered with Vendio yesterday and they do in fact to ebay motors accessory sales for free but charge $15 per listing on cars/motorcycles/boats/etc. They forgot to mention that to me when I registered. That could get expensive for me and I was back to the drawing board.

Then I got the email from Auctiva where they decided to re-think their payment plans and came up with a solution that works perfectly for me...$9.95 for what used to be free. To me, that is a deal and I am going to go with it.

In addition, I give Auctiva's CEO a lot of credit for his decision and the way he took responsibility for the initial decision to charge and the way he wrote the letter to Auctiva users. Cudo's Auctiva!

Again, thank you to everyone for your thoughts and suggestions.

Len
itsjustme
Decided to try Vendio but there is a big problem
12 Jun 2009
I was just about to click accept on Vendio's terms when I read the fee schedule attachment. According to the contract, the fees are not altered at all for Auctiva users.

Unless Vendio fixes the contractual terms to reflect the offer, I can't subscribe. Remember caveat emptor...Buyer beware.

IT does pay to read terms and conditions.
itsjustme
13 Jun 2009
I'd like to use the same for listed for Ebid. Does anyone know which lister easily interfaces with Ebid?

I am impressed that SSB has interfaces or uses the same html to load to Bonanzle and ioffer.
Andy
13 Jun 2009

itsjustme wrote:

I'd like to use the same for listed for Ebid. Does anyone know which lister easily interfaces with Ebid?
The only one that mentions eBid support is... SSB. Don't know if that's just HTML copy-and-paste or direct integration.
itsjustme
13 Jun 2009
Thx Andy.

It appear that it's all paste and stick. Its what I do now for all my stores...just not using html.

I was really hoping for complete integration at least with a couple of my stores.
Andy
13 Jun 2009
The only one I know of with complete eBid integration is their own bulk lister and their much awaited new "ninja" lister.

But of course they won't do any other sites.
Bellavita797
Kudos: 15
14 Jun 2009

lsands45 wrote:

I want to thank everyone who had ideas with regard to this situation with Auctiva.
I registered with Vendio yesterday and they do in fact to ebay motors accessory sales for free but charge $15 per listing on cars/motorcycles/boats/etc. They forgot to mention that to me when I registered. That could get expensive for me and I was back to the drawing board.

Then I got the email from Auctiva where they decided to re-think their payment plans and came up with a solution that works perfectly for me...$9.95 for what used to be free. To me, that is a deal and I am going to go with it.

In addition, I give Auctiva's CEO a lot of credit for his decision and the way he took responsibility for the initial decision to charge and the way he wrote the letter to Auctiva users. Cudo's Auctiva!

Again, thank you to everyone for your thoughts and suggestions.

Len
Hello, I also got an email about the 9.95 fee for auctiva. It also says that for that price there are no listing or transaction fees and you get unlimited listings. I wonder then since I have an ebay store should i just cancel it. i could just list all my items i have just about 60 items (just starting on auctiva. Or do i need to keep my ebay store? There isnt alot of information on the site about specifics and I dont want to sign up and get caught up with fine print.
Germany Germany
Sven
Kudos: 80
16 Jun 2009

sandsfirst wrote:

Hi. I have been using Auctiva and will be sunk by the charges. I list in the UK and Vendio is not yet supported. Is there any other listing agent that works in the UK.
Supreme Auction also supports eBay UK.
You may use this software completely for free when using free features and templates:

- up to 100 free templates
- free scheduling
- up to 4 free images

I hope this is helping

Volo
Selro
StoreFeeder
World First