Help! Listomax, inkfrog paypal

Poster
Ghost
Kudos: 25
Help! Listomax, inkfrog paypal
22 Jun 2009
Hi
This is my first post to these forums, although I heave been reading them for a week or so.
Here is my sad tale of wooo maybe some one can help
I have been selling on ebay on and off since 2001 or so. My wife just lost her job (last day is is June 30) I am out of work on July Th.
I have been selling off some fishing items on ebay and am working on doing so full time.
Using the information from these boards I down loaded Listomax for a free trail and posted my first auction last night.
All went smooth or so I thought, I got an error message from paypal, said I needed to use it as my source of payment. I have always used paypal and thought I filled the listing form correctly. ( never received paypal error ever before)
Item sold in about an hour (buy it now) the paypal payment was / is being held for 21 days or until I get positive feed back (have 34 100% positive) from current buyer. Also made me ship item ASAP. Sent it out 11 AM this morning.
OK
Any idea why payment is being held?
How do I prevent this in future?
Is this because of using Listomax?
If this is because of the listing software, are there other ones out there that work better?
What should I look for to make sure "auction software" works without holds?
Did I do something wrong, and if so what?
I like inkFrog, but want something on my laptop, so I can inventory without the net. Any suggestions? I have be using Turbo Lister from ebay, but wanted program that did not charge for every little item, IE. extra photos etc.
Any suggestions?
Would like a set price program instead of monthly charge, I feel they are cheaper. Right now might not have monthly fee? One time payment less to worry about.
Saw something called ssb or ssg talked about on these forums but don't remember the correct name.
I would like to open a store and was looking at buyitsellit but money is not good right now. Any suggestions for a cheap store?
Thank You
It just seems that everything is falling apart right now so any help would be GREATLY APPRECIATED
Made about $1000 on ebay last few weeks, son drove car into buddys' garage, his breaks went out. 1200 for the breaks, no bill for the garage door yet.
Forget the software, anybody got a bed I can hide under?!?!?!?!

[Last edited: 22 Jun 2009]
Herts, England United Kingdom
Andy
Kudos: 11,637
Re: Help! Listomax, inkfrog paypal
23 Jun 2009
Hi Ghost, I'm sorry to hear about your job situation

I'll try to answer some of your questions.

Ghost wrote:

the paypal payment was / is being held for 21 days or until I get positive feed back (have 34 100% positive) from current buyer...Any idea why payment is being held?
I doubt this has anything to do with Listomax. It sounds like you fell under PayPal's new Safer Payments Policy, which can kick in for a number of reasons relating to feedback and selling performance. Read more here: www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webs...ter/sell/SaferPayments-outside

Ghost wrote:

Saw something called ssb or ssg talked about on these forums but don't remember the correct name.
That's SSB, The Seller Sourcebook. It started as an eBay templates service but now has listing tools too. It's web-based, like inkFrog.

Ghost wrote:

Any suggestions for a cheap store?
The cheapest store you are likely to find at the moment is the Vendio Platform. There are no subscription fees for the store but transaction fees do apply. There are no subs for marketplace selling either if you are an Auctiva user - until 2010.

Hope that helps!
Andy Geldman, Web Retailer
Please follow on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn or Google+
United States United States
Ghost
23 Jun 2009
Thank You for your reply Andy.
I have read the paypal hold information you suggested. In fact it was sent to me by paypal.
What I don't understand is why they put the hold on my account.
I have had a paypal account in good standing for years. (Never a problem)
I have 34 feedbacks from Ebay as seller and buyer 100 % positive feed back.
No claims against me or account that I am aware of.
I just don't see how I fall into / under the paypal safety program.
Not one of their policies are applicable to me.
The only thing that has changed from my end is the use of Listomax instead of Turbo Lister to put up the last auction.
Also the last auction ended in a buy now sale instead of a completed auction.
Thanks for any help.
Calling paypal when they open.
OH Sorry I forgot to mention Love this forum lots of good information which I have found very useful.
Thanks to all
Herts, England United Kingdom
Andy
Kudos: 11,637
23 Jun 2009
Hi again,

Well, it's a recent change of policy so that would explain why it hasn't happened to you before.

It could simply be that they have automatically flagged the item or category as high-risk and your feedback is under 100, with less than 20 DSR feedbacks in the last 12 months. I wouldn't take it personally - there are lots of infrequent sellers receiving these payment holds.

Andy
Andy Geldman, Web Retailer
Please follow on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn or Google+
United States United States
Ghost
23 Jun 2009
Thanks Again Andy you are very helpful and knowledgeable.
I looked at the Seller Sourcebook that you suggested but that is not the one I was looking for. I will keep searching for the name.

Any feedback on Supreme Auction!

Just started to look at it and was wondering how well it worked with Ebay and perhaps other auction sites.

World First
Seller Dynamics
ReplyManager
Sellware