Multi-Channel selling without breaking the bank?

Poster
mcwall
Kudos: 96
Multi-Channel selling without breaking the bank?
9 Aug 2009
I have been scouring the internet in the quest for the best multi-channel solution that doesn't break the bank. I am looking to spend $200-$250 per month tops. I am interested in eSellerPro but there is no sign of pricing anywhere on the internet and no from the website will contact us back so I don't know if it's in our price range or not.

We are looking to sell across eBay, Amazon, and an ecommerce website. Any info on esellerpro or any other platform in our price range?

Thanks in advance,
Mcwall
Supplier
Oxford United Kingdom
saintlypj
Kudos: 35
Re: Multi-Channel selling without breaking the bank?
10 Aug 2009
I first of all must point out that i am connected with this company as i do not want you to feel i am disguising this fact but have a look at our new product at www.rapidretailer.co.uk which is an integrated system which has a cms website which automatically lists in eBay whilst only having to input information once! It creates branded Html pages in ebay which mirror your website keeping a proffessional branded look.

We can arrange a monthly fee or one off payment. It really is the simplist way to run your own e-commerce site and output to auctions.

Many thanks,
shaunstanley@powersoftware.co.uk
United States United States
mcwall
13 Aug 2009
Well, 3 requests from eSellerPro and haven't heard back after a week so we went with Zoovy. So far it's very powerful. Infopia was off their rocker on pricing and so was ChannelAdvisor Premium. Anyone that's paying that amount for a platform had better well be earning well over a six figure income.
Dennishg5515
Kudos: 15
14 Aug 2009
I too have been attracted to eSellerPro. But after multiple requests for information I have yet to receive a reply. Anyone know if they are alive?
mcwall
17 Aug 2009
I wanted to follow up on this topic because I've spent so much time researching it and being frustrated. I hope I can save people some time and energy.

We signed up with Zoovy and were EXTREMELY disappointed. Within 24 hours we had 2 tickets filed for problems or "bugs" in the software, which made it so that we could not list to the channels we were paying for. Online support told us it would go away in a few minutes and to try again. Not so much. In addition, one ticket that dealt with eBay categories was never addressed. The only thing positive about Zoovy was that they issued us a refund but we first had to fill out a form and fax it to them for this to take effect and had to be done within 15 days or it was null and void. There is a reason why Zoovy has such bad reviews on here.

That said, we finally after nearly 2 weeks, heard back from eSeller pro. They are no longer taking U.S, customers. That would explain the huge communication gap.

Thus after our continued research, we began using Vendio, which doesn't charge you for your ecommerce site I might add. So far we are OVER JOYED with the platform. Their prices are outstanding compared to the other platforms out there and we can list an item on 3 channels within 4 minutes and that includes uploading the pictures! Their software lists when it tells you it's going to and is very robust with options. Once we got it setup and running it pretty much has been running itself. Vendio deserves a job well done. It's nice to know we're FINALLY with a company that we can scale with and not go bankrupt with in the process. Their tech support is very responsive and does a great job.

On the flipside, we have also used Channel Advisor's poor man's listing tool, Marketplace Advisor. While it is feature rich, the store feature and checkout is horrible and buggy. It is a very eBay savvy tool but useless for selling across multiple channels and thus not worth the price. We also tried Kyozou which we were utterly disgusted with. It was launching our auctions at 3 in the morning. Tell me that isn't bad for business! It has so many bugs I don't know where to start and tech support and account managers tell you they will look into it and you never hear back.

So, if you're looking to sell across multiple channels and not file chapter 11 in the process, I can honestly say Vendio is the only platform worth looking into. Don't do as we did an waste time, money and energy. As Nike says, "Just Do It!"
Herts, England United Kingdom
Andy
Kudos: 11,619
24 Aug 2009
Hi mcwall,

Thanks for posting about your experiences and I'm glad you found a good fit for your needs in the end. It will certainly be helpful for others.

If you could post a review for Vendio Platform (or any of the other solutions you used) it would be be much appreciated.
Andy Geldman, Web Retailer
Please follow on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn or Google+

2nd Office
ChannelAdvisor
XSellco
Volo