Auction Splash

Poster
doug3333usa
Kudos: 34
Auction Splash
30 Aug 2009
I decided to give Auction Splash a try, but we're already on shaky ground. I asked the sponsor several simple questions, and all have been ignored. To install this software (IF you are using Firefox) requires a special plug-in known as FFClickOnce 0.8, but needless to say, it doesn't work, plus its specs say it's only for Firefox 1.5 to 3.0, which were obsolete YEARS ago. And its developer likewise ignored a simple question or two. Very frustrating, gentlemen.

So does anyone have a workaround for Auction Splash? Has anyone managed to get it running, lately?
Herts, England United Kingdom
Andy
Kudos: 11,631
Re: Auction Splash
30 Aug 2009
It may not be the workaround you are looking for, but have you tried installing AuctionSplash using Internet Explorer?
Andy Geldman, Web Retailer
Please follow on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn or Google+
United States United States
doug3333usa
30 Aug 2009
Andy, I did think about that, but wondered if I would have to switch over to IE every time I wanted to use Auction Splash. I don't know how well IE and FF trade apps back and forth. I won't rule it out, but for now, let me persist with my original question, has anybody installed it and made it work? Thanks for your comment.
doug3333usa
3 Sep 2009
I have come to the sad conclusion that Auction Splash is a ******* LOSER in every sense of the word. Their website ignores my questions. The required plug-in doesn't work, and its website hasn't been updated in more than a year. Windows does not recognize the plug-in file type, another headache.

Also tried installing Auction Splash via IE6, as suggested; no luck, of course.

Auction Splash is just another piece of c**p.
doug3333usa
13 Sep 2009
Anyone? Anyone out there USING Auction Splash??
United Kingdom United Kingdom
AuctionSplash
Kudos: 35
20 Nov 2009
Hi there,

There are a lot of people using AuctionSplash. We have over 6000 listings currently running.

The Firefox issue has been a big problem. It appears that Microsoft (who produce ClickOnce) does not seem to work very well with Firefox. Even if you use Internet Explorer to install AuctionSplash the fact that you have installed Firefox seems to cause a problem.

The Firefox plugin does seem to be kept up to date and now works with Firefox version 3.0.

I'm sorry if you did not have a good experience with AuctionSplash support. We do try to answer all queries promptly but please ask them through the Contact Us section of the website.

We have recently updated the website and have added some video tutorials with more in the pipeline.

AuctionSplash is superb, easy to use and fully featured as well as being completely free so please give it a try.

Regards,

Trevor
rwctrader
Kudos: 15
8 Dec 2009
I use AuctionSplash and it installed and works great. Keep in mind, once you install and open it stays active until you close it from the task bar.
alpine
Kudos: 80
29 Jan 2010
Hi I have started using auction splash on internet explorer. It seems good. Probably not as good as paid for programs. I am stuck with a few things how ever. I contacted them on there website contact form twice now and unfortunately have had no response at all. I waited 7 days each time I emailed. Its such as shame as it seems to be a good free program with great potential. Any way I have managed to fathom most things in the end so far !

Two questions for people if you have ever used it briefly or use it now:

1) Does the email automation system if used with all its functions become a cost that ebay charge when linked with splashes API?

2) I am a seller of living plants.
I will sell over 100 living plant varieties,will the template maker with each listing hold all the different templates at once on there program or at least 50 may be at a time? Also I do find the descriptions seem to disappear after setting the new template if you click on previous item to re-show them?

Would the templates ever be deleted by auction splash?

3) I have not listed an item yet and can only seem to set up the first automated winning bidder email. How do I move on to the other emails and set them up too? I have read the user guide several times but cannot work out how to set the next name?

I just want to say that Trevor has developed a great program here how ever, but just wanted to try and sort the above.

If any of you guys can answer any of the questions please get in touch. Thanks!

[Last edited: 1 Feb 2010]
AuctionSplash
2 Feb 2010
Hi,

Sorry to hear that you have not had a response via the website. I will check what happened.

In answer to your questions ...

1) AuctionSplash is completely free and eBay will not charge you an extra for using any of the features of AuctionSplash apart from your listing fee and charges for enhancements.

2) I am a little confused about what you mean but .. AuctionSplash will not delete any templates. If you create a template yourself then it is stored in your local database and will not be deleted. You can have as many templates as you like and you can save as many listings as you like. The description will be updated when you load a previous item since the description forms part of that saved item.

3) Email automation is definitely in need of a user guide makeover. I will be doing this over the next couple of weeks. Sorry that it is not more complete.

In case you were wondering what I am working on, I am nearing completion of a web version of AuctionSplash. This gives a very similar experience to the PC based version and also has many advantages. One example is that you can operate AuctionSplash from multiple locations so that several people can create listings and they are stored in one central location. We can schedule listings and they are listed from our servers so you don't have to have your PC on. You can now list from a Mac and even from an iPhone !!! I have reworked the stats so that they are accessible from the web, this makes everything much faster. We are keeping the same pricing policy for the web version so everything is completely free.

As you can imagine, all this work does take a lot of my time but it will be released in a week or so and that will free up a whole load of my time.

Rest assured that we are very committed to AuctionSplash and it is our aim to provide excellent support and customer service.

Regards,

Trevor
AuctionSplash
2 Feb 2010
By the way, you can email me directly using tbond at AuctionSplash . com

I will try to respond promptly.
EbayMaster
Kudos: 1,243
6 Feb 2010
I will review auction splash again and update.

[Last edited: 7 Feb 2010]
AuctionSplash
6 Feb 2010
You say please respond but say it is "undebateable", interesting approach.

We were releasing AuctionSplash Pro but then included it in the original AuctionSplash and made it free. So if you were waiting for AuctionSplash Pro then it is already there.

AuctionSplash is currently PC based so saying our site does not work is misleading - you don't use the site you use the PC software.

We have thousands of users actively using AuctionSplash and thousands of listings made with the software active at any one time.

Sorry you could not get AuctionSplash running but thousands of others have.
EbayMaster
7 Feb 2010
I will do auction splash again and give a new review.

AuctionSplash
7 Feb 2010
I can see I will get nowhere discussing this with you. You obviously do not understand how the program works and you present an air of understanding and authority but in reality you do not know what you are talking about.

You say that we have had only 6000 listings and this clearly demonstrates that you have no clue what you are talking about. You can't get AuctionSplash running but there are are currently over 3000 listings currently in eBay UK. This means that your 6000 claim is stupid and ill informed.

You state "as you know what I mean as the site don't work as it freezes when it communicates online so by theory it is a site as it is online when it freezes. So how is that misleading." this clearly means that you have no idea what you are talking about. It is not a site, and you are being misleading in saying it is.

"This site of yours you download off of has been online for a few years and maybe 6000 listings actually made it to ebay via listing through your program then online to ebay!" - This statement of yours is incorrect and can clearly be demonstrated to be, I also wonder whether you make this statement with malicious intent. I suggest you check your facts before making such potentially libelous statements.
EbayMaster
7 Feb 2010
I decided to erase as I will attempt your program for a new review.

ReplyManager
Sellware
Ad-Lister
Xpress Lister