Analysis and other helpful Software?

Poster
itsellsonline
Kudos: 20
Analysis and other helpful Software?
27 Oct 2009
Hi all,

First time poster, so firstly thank you to those that take the time to read and participate in these forums.

My name is Craig, and I have been selling reasonably successfully on eBay for about 6 months, after deciding to take my land based business to the next level. I am now ready to move forward with eBay, and the type of product I wish to sell - mainly to the Aussie and New Zealand community, however, will make it available worldwide.

Whilst I start to consider my options with regards to stock and product, I really need help in this area. I am looking for an market analysis tool that has worked for others. I did google this, however, there are quite a few options out there, some of them somewhat date, so I would like to make sure that I purchase the right product. Secondly, as I am not yet a power seller (although not to far away), I really need some software, that isnt too complicated, to assist me in making my items, and also store, much more attractive (it really is drab, but again, only been doing this for 6 months). Currently I use Auctiva to host my images, and assist me with listing, however, I am sure that there are much better options out there.

Thanks in advance to those of you who take the time and effort to reply.

Craig
Australia Australia
itsellsonline
Kudos: 20
Re: Analysis and other helpful Software?
27 Oct 2009
*PLEASE NOTE THAT I AM IN AUSTRALIA, SO I AM LOOKING FOR SOFTWARE THAT WILL ASSIST IN THE AU MARKET**

THANKS
Herts, England United Kingdom
Andy
Kudos: 11,619
Re: Analysis and other helpful Software?
27 Oct 2009
Hi Craig, welcome to the forum

There is a clear market leader for eBay research: Terapeak. The other option for Australia is AuctionIntelligence, which does not use official eBay data - instead you use it to gather data from eBay's completed items search and build up your own database over time.

If you want to keep things straightforward you could create a custom Auctiva template. They have their own service for this, but I think they are quite expensive, starting at $1,495. You could instead hire a web designer to create the template in HTML plus the Auctiva template tags (which are listed here - Auctiva login required to view). You might have a designer local to you or you could try posting the job on a freelancing marketplace like Elance.

Let me know how you get on!
Andy Geldman, Web Retailer
Please follow on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn or Google+

Sellware
Ad-Lister
Xpress Lister
2nd Office