NEWBIE Needs HELP! Sniping Info Needed

Poster
Sasha2000
Kudos: 15
NEWBIE Needs HELP! Sniping Info Needed
3 Dec 2009
Been sniped the last 4 auctions I participated in on Ebay. So, I guess it's "fight fire with fire" time, but I don't totally understand how it works.
Been reading and have decided to go with online sniper.

Would a person want to set up more than 1 online snipe site? For example, JustSnipe and eSnipe on the same item in an EBay auction. Or are you bidding against yourself if you do that?
If you can only set up one snipe app, how do you know which one is better and what if it's the same one the other guy has?

[Last edited: 4 Dec 2009]
Herts, England United Kingdom
Andy
Kudos: 11,626
Re: NEWBIE Needs HELP! Sniping Info Needed
4 Dec 2009

Sasha2000 wrote:

Would a person want to set up more than 1 online snipe site?
Personally, I wouldn't do that - it sounds like doubling your effort for little or no advantage. If you are concerned about the sniping service missing the bid, the better ones double-up their systems to protect against a single failure, e.g. Gixen's mirror service. Or if you are concerned about the service placing the bid too early then find a service whose timing suits you or allows you to adjust the exact number of seconds before the auction end that the bid is placed. It's not possible to bid against yourself (unless you use two different accounts!) But I wouldn't be surprised if attempting a snipe from two different locations triggers eBay's anti-fraud systems or simply causes one or the other of them to fail, because they would be trying to log into your account from two places at the same time.

Sasha2000 wrote:

If you can only set up one snipe app, how do you know which one is better and what if it's the same one the other guy has?
To find out which one is better, check out the reviews of sniping services on here, and try them out for yourself. I wouldn't worry too much if someone else is sniping with the same system or not - at the end of the day the highest proxy bid wins, there's no way around that. You could place a bid half a second from the end and still lose to someone who placed their bid days ago.

[Last edited: 12 Jul 2012]
Andy Geldman, Web Retailer
Please follow on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn or Google+

ReplyManager
Sellware
Ad-Lister
Xpress Lister