Best Software for e commerce

Poster
spaxdirect
Kudos: 95
Best Software for e commerce
9 Dec 2009
We are a U.K. based company and we want to launch e-commerce based on a single database that we can maintain.
The target sales platforms will be (for now):
1. Web Shop accessed from our web site (could be OS Commerce)
2. eBay (UK, Rest of Europe, USA, eBay Motors)
3. Amazon
Our database has some 10,000 item codes in 12 product categories
I foresee listing all items in the online shop and maybe 1,000 in eBay at any one time.
We foresee 10 or more transactions per day to begin with.
Our average transaction value will be £200
We need to be able to sell and to ship worldwide in 3 currencies (pounds, US dollars and Euros)
At present our main IT system will not integrate with a front end sales system, but we do use Sage Line 100.

Can anyone who has experience of a similar setup advise what software would be adequate and approximate costs?

Many Thanks

[Last edited: 9 Dec 2009]
United Kingdom United Kingdom
johndon
Kudos: 175
Re: Best Software for e commerce
9 Dec 2009
Would you be looking for the system to integrate with Sage Line 100?

John
spaxdirect
9 Dec 2009
Ideally, yes.
But we are thinking of changing all our software in the next 12-18 months so it is not a must have.
johndon
9 Dec 2009
I ask because it is not a simple task (almost impossible these days) to integrate any windows\web based software with Sage Line 100...

If you are looking to upgrade, I guess that Sage 200 would be something you'd be thinking of? If you do stick with Sage then you'd need a registered Sage Developer.

Tradebox (www.tradebox.uk.com) of which I am a director, are about to release a version of Finance Manager for Sage 200. At the moment, it will take care of all the after sales stuff by downloading sales and posting them directly in to Sage 200...

John
spaxdirect
9 Dec 2009
Thanks for the mail.
We want to address the issue of a front end system first and foremost and that is why I asked the initialk question...
johndon
9 Dec 2009
You might want to take a look at ChannelAdvisor which will do what you want for the front end and does, via Tradebox, have a link to the back end accounts.

John

XSellco
Volo
Selro
StoreFeeder