Is 3rd Party eBay Checkout Still Available?

Poster
tracker
Kudos: 228
Is 3rd Party eBay Checkout Still Available?
7 Jan 2010
So I have been hearing about eBay doing away with 3rd party checkout. Do any of the big auction management companies still support checkout or is eBay requiring all checkouts to be at the eBay websites?

In particular ChannelAdvisor, Marketworks, Infopia, kyouzou, Zoovy, Vendio, Auctiva, and eseller - any of these still have checkout?

Thank you in advance.

Regards,
tracker
Midlothian, VA United States
Jax Music Supply
Kudos: 2,361
Re: Is 3rd Party eBay Checkout Still Available?
7 Jan 2010
Channel Advisor still does. Our customers hate it..we get many comments wishing we would straight up Paypal them.

We are going to drop CA for this and other reasons as soon we come up with a better solution.
United States United States
tracker
Kudos: 228
7 Jan 2010
You mind if I ask what are Channel Advisor's fees? For eBay? for storefront?

Tracker
Midlothian, VA United States
Jax Music Supply
Kudos: 2,361
7 Jan 2010
They have a couple of programs that would make it different based on your volume. We are on the cusp point (for the last few months) that make it the same for either program. In any case, the basic fees we are paying is $500 a month plus 1% of gross sales. It may have changed and you can probably negotiate some.

However, I feel they are too expensive for what they offer. Additionally, their service is not very good. There is no phone number for tech support, you have to put in a ticket. You call their published number, which is for sales, and they refuse to transfer you. This is pretty bad for what you pay, considering that we pay maybe $200 per year for one of our hosting companies and they have 24x7 support by phone and chat.

Volo
Selro
StoreFeeder
World First