Help Please - Listing Software

Poster
2Dogs
Kudos: 15
Help Please - Listing Software
15 Jan 2010
Hi all,
A newcomer here and if this has been asked a hundred times before I'm sorry in advance.

I'm wanting to start eBay listings (Australia exclusively at this stage) and I've tried to make them look good but with limited knowledge of HTML I keep getting myself into deep water.

Right now I only have a few products so simple design software that allows quite a few large photos would be nice. In future though I'd like to be able to list products from a database and use Flash etc.

I liked the look of Listing Factory and downloaded a trial version but it won't allow me to use it????

Any suggestions would be extremely helpful,
Thanks
2D

[Last edited by moderator: Added more information to title — 15 Jan 2010]
Herts, England United Kingdom
Andy
Kudos: 11,661
Re: Help Please - Listing Software
15 Jan 2010
Hi 2Dogs,

For a low-cost lister that works with eBay Australia take a look at inkFrog or The Seller Sourcebook.

Hope that helps!

Edit: SpoonFeeder removed

[Last edited: 23 Feb 2010]
Andy Geldman, Web Retailer
Please follow on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn or Google+
Supplier
San Jose United States
AuctionLinc
Kudos: 108
17 Feb 2010
Hi 2Dogs,

I would invite you to try www.auctionlinc.com as well . It does support eBay Australia and has inbuilt html templates + other much needed listing management features.

Thanks.
Narinder.
AuctionLinc.com
California United States
jacobjacob
Kudos: 45
20 Feb 2010
Hi ebaycoder (Narinder),

Are you affiliated with AuctionLinc?

JacobJacob
Supplier
San Jose United States
AuctionLinc
20 Feb 2010
Hi JacobJoacob,

I own AuctionLinc.com. The post above was more a direct pitch to invite sellers to try us out. We have an decent product and are constantly adding more features/ improving our offering. We have been around since mid last year and growing organically for now.

Regards,
Narinder
AuctionLinc.com
United States United States
EbayMaster
Kudos: 1,243
24 Feb 2010
I left a review here on the forums and gave AuctionLinc a 7 out of 10 which I believe is correct.

As for you program it seems nice but incomplete as I have a free subscrition and find it very simple and user friendly. But figured it is another site that attempted ebay as it works partially on all the options. I still haven't been able to get it to download my auctions completly as it does partial.

I think this program has potential and infact is debateable #3 behind inkFrog and Auctiva. So don't stop completing as if your going to hang with ebay get used to changes daily and a whole engineering team ready as most ebay managers dissapear because of this number 1 cause.

I am eager to hear back. Thanks
Supplier
San Jose United States
AuctionLinc
24 Feb 2010
Hi EbayMaster,

Appreciate you reviewing us on ASR.com.

I would like to get detailed feedback on what you found lacking or any feature that didn't work according to your needs. We are getting some traction and I think with some valuable feedback from users like yourself, we can improve our offering on various fronts.

Please get in touch with me at contact at AuctionLinc dot com. Send me your account information and we will take a look at your situation + review your feedback.

Thanks.
Narinder.
AuctionLinc.com
Comfortplus
Kudos: 70
13 Mar 2010
Ebaymaster,
How would you rate Auction Lister 2009. Looks like everyone is have big problems using it after they pay for the software. What's going on with it. What's your take on it ????
EbayMaster
Kudos: 1,243
14 Mar 2010
I have done a demo of that program three times as one to copy the html to an auction and to list directly twice. Didn't have too many issues however listing directly it is missing some important steps in the store department categories which was limited the first time.

Second is that once you get the designer format figured out and the ability exchange pictures and picture backgrounds I got some good clean crisp templates.

For small size sellers that have time to play it is a ok solution but not for a small powerseller or someone that has alot of listings.

But to be honest the first time I tried this well over a year ago I had issues and when I checked reviews not so much was available. Now the last few times I saw people were getting no service before and after each sale. So I tried contacting the provider myself and no luck.

On top of that I seen this website home page change with the Auctiva Fiasco like other ebay listers and auction lister 2009 offered a promo on there software but the link was dead and useless.

Now that being said someone is alive at auction lister 2009 but no service and only take your money to sell their program. But even one time I tried to go through the process of purchasing but that link was dead too.

So my opinion is to run from this program since it is a hobby seller I call it and will be extinct like the other 100 websites that tried catering to ebay.
Comfortplus
14 Mar 2010
Hi Ebaymaster,
I'm back.
What I did was send a message on their contact page that I needed to have it working this weekend, or I'd go after a refund. I paid with Paypal, you know. So I got Art to assist me, and voila! I'm up and running. I really liked the templates and was deturmined to be able to use the software, even though it took 4 days before I was up and running it. Now that I'm able to use it comfortably, I think it's good because you get to try it for 30 days before you decide to buy it.
I am a very seasoned ebay seller, since eBay started just about. I've sold a lot of stuff on the site, and in today's market, I need to my listings look a little more attractive to buyers. Since I got to try their templates for 30 days, my sales has been very vibrant, so I decided to go ahead and purchase the software. My problem was that the license key which I purchased, would not load, and emails left with them got no response, so I got frustrated. So I sent them another email letting them know that poor customer service will destroy their business, that's when I got a response.
Now, I cannot complain, they helped me get it running and I can go back to work. I can work with it quickly to list authentic listings that do not look generic, and I like that.
If you paid for the software and cannot get it to work as it should, send an email in their Contact Us, or better yet use the Live Chat to reach someone who can walk you thru it.
Best of Luck,
Comfortfood.
Comfortplus
14 Mar 2010
Hi 2Dogs

For a newbie, you should be looking for as much FREE stuff as you can find. eBay lising costs add up really quick when you are trying to get up on your feet in this busness. For free listing templates try Robshelp.com. Also, shop for free hosting for your pictures like PhotoBucket.com. Learn to put *gifs* and such in your listings to dress them up a bit, and keep notes of what works for you and what did not. Forget getting a website of your own right now, as everyone seems to offer. You'll have to spend lots of money advertising your web store in hopes of getting enough traffic to make it worth your investment. I've tried it twice with little success, and I'm a veteran. Remeber the old saying "keep it simple stupid", not that I am saying you are, but dont plan to spend lots and think there's gonna be a quick turn-around. It takes time to build up. eBay buyers look at # of feedbacks and seller reputation when buying.
Good luck to you,
Comfortfood.
webbie12
Kudos: 40
15 Jun 2010
Not sure if you already found a site you really like, but I use www.auctionresourcelisting.com. It is free which I like. I used to use Auctiva but they started charging so I don't use them anymore. The fees do add up so I try to stick with the free sites. It is great for beginners as well as people who know a lot about html coding.
California United States
jacobjacob
15 Jun 2010

webbie12 wrote:

Not sure if you already found a site you really like, but I use www.auctionresourcelisting.com. It is free which I like. I used to use Auctiva but they started charging so I don't use them anymore. The fees do add up so I try to stick with the free sites. It is great for beginners as well as people who know a lot about html coding.
Not sure how you are doing that, I cant even reach that website. I tried to Google it - no luck. Seems like a fly by nigh operation.
California United States
jacobjacob
15 Jun 2010
Hi ebaycoder (Narinder),

I looked at your site. It looks interesting. How long has your site been up and how many customers do you have?

JacobJacob
webbie12
Kudos: 40
15 Jun 2010
It is a website I found off of an ebay listing back when I was trying to find a new site to create templates. So I just clicked on the link at the bottom of their listing, I have it saved as a favorite now, so not sure about using google to find it. Oh, and I use it because it is completely free which you don't find much around anymore that are.

[Last edited: 15 Jun 2010]

StoreFeeder
World First
Seller Dynamics
ReplyManager