Kyozou, eSeller Pro or Channel Advisor anyone??

Poster
sellingservicesuk
Kudos: 40
Kyozou, eSeller Pro or Channel Advisor anyone??
26 Jan 2010
Hi there,
I know this question must have been asked here a million times but I still cant get my head around it...
We mainly sell on eBay at the moment but are looking to branch out onto other channels (Amazon UK and our own site). Currently we are using AuctionSound which is an excellent piece of software but does not allow for multichannel selling.

Kyozou does not support Amazon UK currently and does not offer integration into Parcelforce or tight integration into Royalmail, but their pricing structure is probably the best out of them all as the setup fees are affordable and the monthy fees are managable and allow you to grow.

eSeller pro looks like the business but are extremely hard to get hold of (even for sales!) and their fees are high.

I have no knowledge about Channel Advisor as Ive not had a demo but this should happen shortly (hopefully) although Im assured that their fees are similar to eSeller Pro.

Our problem is that some of the clients we work with may give us small quantities of products lines to sell so this means a lot more listing time (generating the listings, taking photographs etc). I need a something that has a quick but professional listing tool and wont be too hard on us to set up...

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance
United Kingdom United Kingdom
markb
Kudos: 146
Re: Kyozou, eSeller Pro or Channel Advisor anyone??
26 Jan 2010
we use eseller, although ive heard many a time they r hard to get hold off they have a good peice of software.

support is somewhat slow and they could def do with more developers but once your up and running with it, its great.

the multi-channel part of it is 1 of the best features. you can set up 'channel profiles' to ensure you never sell out. we do this for website, amazon + ebay sellers.

from what i know, Channel Advisor do various promo's and offers but overall they are much more expensive than eseller.
Herts, England United Kingdom
Andy
Kudos: 11,616
27 Jan 2010
Hi sellingservicesuk,

If you want to use a company with a base in the UK then you have found the two main options: ChannelAdvisor and eSellerPro.

Other UK-based online marketplace software providers include 247 Top Seller, Cascade, and Lucid. For order management and shipping there is also Linnworks, Packing Partner, and One Stop Order Processing. For accounting integration there is Tradebox Finance Manager.

Enterprise systems like this do tend to focus on product lines rather than unique products or small quantities, so you are right to identify that as an issue - make sure its addressed thoroughly with anyone you talk to.

There are other software providers but they do not have offices in the UK, which may be a concern if you are running a substantial business that absolutely depends on this software - time zone, local terminology, and familiarity with UK business could be crucial.
Andy Geldman, Web Retailer
Please follow on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn or Google+
sellingservicesuk
27 Jan 2010
Thanks guys,
Its all a bit of a mine field out there!
Mark, is there functionality in eSeller to allow an external client or supplier to log in and see how their products are selling?

Thanks
markb
Kudos: 146
27 Jan 2010
the software is web based so you can easily setup profiles for any1 and limit parts of the software you allow them to see.

however strange that you would allow or want a supplier to log in to see how their products are doing. surely they would know from the orders you send to them?

i'd defiantly recommend having a demo of both eseller and Channel Advisor and also draw up a hitlist of the features you'd want and rank them in to essential, would be nice, etc etc to ensure you pick the correct software to suit your requirements.
sellingservicesuk
28 Jan 2010
Thanks Mark.
Channel Advisor were supposed to send me a demo invite yesterday but noting yet....

As to the facility for suppliers to be able to log in:
Sometimes we use our channels to sell problem stock for other companies. In this case we dont buy the stock, we just charge a percentage on the sale. Hence the reason for that functionality is needed...

Ill keep you posted :-)

[Last edited: 28 Jan 2010]
Midlothian, VA United States
Jax Music Supply
Kudos: 2,361
4 Feb 2010
Well, I currently have Channel Advisor in the US. They are very good at listing on eBay and made a huge difference on Amazon for us. Their built in web store sucks though. Overall we have found them too expensive though. We are writing our own system to use once our contract expires in April.
Supplier
United States United States
golfguy73
Kudos: 25
26 May 2010
I am the Senior Account Manager with Infopia - I would love to help you out and see if we have a solution that would be a good fit for your business.

Please feel free to reach me at jwilliams@infopia.com if you need further assistance.

tours.sapha.com/transact
www.infopia.com

Justin

ChannelAdvisor
XSellco
Volo
Selro