AMAZON purchasing/manage orders software. help?

Poster
odd bod
Kudos: 45
AMAZON purchasing/manage orders software. help?
31 Jan 2010
Hi all.. I have sen many variations of software that let you externaly manage all your amazon items in relations to selling on Amazon.. but I am looking for a piece of software that i can link to my azmazon account for the purpose of managing my purchases. I make many many purchases on amazon and within amazon there is no way of managing orders made?? as i receive many orders delivered in the post i want to be able to cross check them against orders actually made so that i can ake sure and order has been sent to me..? can anyone suggest such a piece of software..? Thanks :-)
Herts, England United Kingdom
Andy
Kudos: 11,623
Re: AMAZON purchasing/manage orders software. help?
31 Jan 2010
Personally I move all order confirmation emails to a "Waiting" folder until the order arrives so I know exactly what is outstanding.

Amazon does have a good order history system of its own, just click the "Your Account" link at the top right of any Amazon page.
Andy Geldman, Web Retailer
Please follow on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn or Google+
United Kingdom United Kingdom
odd bod
31 Jan 2010
Hi Andy.. thanks for getting back to me.. maybe there's something wrong with my amazon account.. when i click 'your account' top right as suggested, it takes me to a page where the top section relates to 'orders' . .. under that headed section the only clickable options i have (other than a list on the right to leave feedback or return an item) is a big yellow button that says ''view recent and open orders'.. after clicking that there is a list of my orders and the only options it is showing me is a drop down menu off how to display my past orders.. either 'open & recently placed' , 'past six months' or 2010 or 2009..?? the option to use the emails sent confirming the order/delivery may be one way.. but the email header or description shows no info relating to the order..just 'your order with amazon' and i'd have to go into each email one by one to check the product.. pretty much the same as a general list as displayed in Amazon.. what i'm ideally looking for is to be able to do a search amoongst a list of orders to find and item/product title or order number..? am i mising something in amazon and not finding a further detailed page..? it seems very strange that they just provide a list that you have to scroll down and no way of searching with your orders or sperating htem other than 6 months, this year or last year...? any help would be very much appreciated... i'm expnding my business through amazon and will be making roughly 1000 purchases a month and will have that many deliveries and need some sytem to check orders received against orders placed that makes the process quick & easy.. Thanks again. :-)
Herts, England United Kingdom
Andy
Kudos: 11,623
31 Jan 2010
OK, I didn't realise you had that many orders!

If your email client has a good search function or you use Gmail you can simply search the folder of pending or past orders by product name etc. I often search my orders by amount paid to check against my credit card statement and Gmail is very quick for that.

Otherwise you could look at procurement software. This is not an area I am familiar with but you can find potential packages by searching for "purchasing software" or "procurement software".
Andy Geldman, Web Retailer
Please follow on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn or Google+
United Kingdom United Kingdom
odd bod
31 Jan 2010
Hi again.. thanks for all the info.. I've managed to sort the problem by using a suggestion from your earlier mail.. I've simply created a new folder on the desktop specifically for order notification mails from amazon.. and then did a simple keyword search within that folder.. meaning that as and when an item is delivered i can search for it in that file and then it will locate the email relating to the item / product name and then i can delete it.. any outstanding emails that go past a certain timeframe referenced to the date it was received measn that an item is not received.. awesome.. Thanks !
Midlothian, VA United States
Jax Music Supply
Kudos: 2,361
4 Feb 2010
I would recommend you checkout ShipWorks. It is inexpensive and will download your orders, process shipping, and mark your orders shipped in Amazon. It is a great deal at $29.95. I use it with the US but have no idea if it works in UK.

2nd Office
ChannelAdvisor
XSellco
Volo