Screenreader friendly auction management?

Poster
Anonymous
Kudos: 155
Screenreader friendly auction management?
13 Sep 2004
I am trying to find a simple, but good auction management system. I am not a power seller; somewhat of an ebay newbie.

I am looking for a hosted system that has as few graphics as possible (I am a blind person using a screenreader) and not tons of info on one page as eBay has.

I was using myauctionpartner.com, which worked fine until they decided to pull it down on December first, the worst time they could do this

I have looked at several other systems but some have just too many bells and whistles for me to bother with.

I want to be able to not have to type and retype my listings every time I submit or resubmit them to eBay, and be able to make small changes on them without having to start from the beginning on each listing. I had 40 listings a while back and they were all different and it got so confusing when MAP went down I felt overwhelmed.

I do not know if there is a software to download to my computer that would work okay or not. So far, I've had more problems getting my screenreader to read downloaded software than online auction management systems.

So far Vendio seems the most straight-forward, but there is quite a learning curve there and they have a lot of stuff for powersellers - not that I don't hope to become one, one of these days .

Well, sorry to ramble. I'd appreciate your suggestions. Few graphics, icons etc, especially those which do not have alt-tags; that's what I need. And just some info per page, not on and on like eBay does that takes forever to read through and find your place.

Thanks.
This question was originally received by email and has been edited for the forum
Herts, England United Kingdom
Andy
Kudos: 11,623
Re: Screenreader friendly auction management?
13 Sep 2004
I think the following are most likely to suit your requirements and work well with your screenreader:

Auction Hawk at www.auctionhawk.com

Meridian at www.noblespirit.com

SpareDollar's sd Lister at www.sparedollar.com/corp/prod_sdLister.asp

Trak Auctions (which has the advantage of being free) at www.jwcinc.net

I hope that helps and good luck with your selling!
Andy Geldman, Web Retailer
Please follow on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn or Google+
United States United States
Anonymous
Kudos: 155
13 Sep 2004
Thanks for narrowing it down for me.
This question was originally received by email and has been edited for the forum
West Michigan USA United States
ProBizTeam
Kudos: 140
3 Oct 2005
Something else you may want to try is eBay's UI (User Interface) for mobile devices or one of the other mobile device interfaces that are available. These interfaces provide abrieviated text screens designed to display on web-enabled mobile phones and PDAs.

These are not Auction Management solutions, but may provide you with an easier way to browse and use the eBay site itself. They may also work with eBay's online auction management tools, although I haven't tried them for that.

Here are a couple URLs to try:

wap.ebay.com
www.skweezer.net

Hope this helps!

ChannelAdvisor
XSellco
Volo
Selro