Listing Factory License Download Does not work

Poster
Comfortplus
Kudos: 70
Listing Factory License Download Does not work
13 Mar 2010
Hello All,

I am a very frustrated buyer of a Listing Factory 2009 License.

I have tried everything I could think of to get this thing to work, but the license does not activate on my computer. I sent emails to them for assistance, because my listing ability has been held up for 4 days now trying to get the license to activate. They sent me an email with the license file, but the key does not activiate. It just sits there.
Does anyone know what to do when the opening box freezes on your desktop, and it keeps saying "Activate License Now"? Has anyone been successful with using this software?
Assistance from their support is almost nul, and the Chat person is always away. They will loose a lot of business from poor customer service. HELP, Thanks,
United States United States
sparkles
Kudos: 30
Re: Listing Factory License Download Does not work
18 Mar 2010
Sorry, wish I had an answer for you. I just wanted to let you know that you are not the only one having pains w/Listing Factory!!

I purchased the license on March 10 via PayPal, of course. But, I have been very busy over the last wk and did not get around to actually attempting to activate the product until last night. I discovered I have nothing to activate it with nor have I rec'vd any communication from them via email.

So, I emailed them last night (to sales@auctionlistingcreator.com & support@auctionlistingcreator.com) explaining my situation and I also included the PayPal transaction ID for proof of my payment. It is now almost 12:30am on 3/18 and more than 24 hrs since my attempt at contacting them, I still have NOT received any response! Did you have to contact them to receive the "key" which you speak of not unlocking the software? If so, how long did it take for them to send you the "key" after your initial contact?

I just joined the forums tonight hoping to find help with this issue myself. So far, I have only quickly scanned through the board, but it appears this behavior is characteristic of Listing Factory at the present time. However, I did notice a post from another person having similar issues (I think it was dated 2/25/2010, or some time near that date) and someone from auctionlistingcreator.com actually responded to her complaint within the forum, instructing her to email her proof of purchase and in return, he would send her the appropriate download. He appeared to blame their lack of responding to emails to the site's spam filter not having her email on its whitelist...

Sorry, this is so long, I just wanted to share with you everything I know or have learned about Listing Factory in hopes that somehow, we may possibly be of some help to each other...be it gaining access to the software for which we paid $49.95, or attaining a refund.

Many thanks & good luck to you and anyone else having "troubles" with Listing Factory.

~~~~~Angie~~~~~
Comfortplus
18 Mar 2010
Hi Sparkles,
I came back and reported my results in another topic "Help Please-Listing software".
Anyway, this is what I did:
What I did was send a message on their Live Support page that I needed to have it working that weekend, or I'd go after my refund. I paid with Paypal, too. Fortunately, it's the only payment method they accept. Then I got an email from Art about 3 hours later and he assist me. Now I'm up and running. I really liked the templates and was deturmined to be able to use the software, even though it took 4 days before I was up and running it. Now that I'm able to use it comfortably, I think it's good because you get to try it for 30 days before you decide to buy it. Just wish he was more customer service oriented with the software. In my email I mentioned that his customer service can put him out of business quick.
I am a veteran ebay seller, started just after eBay started up, just about. I've sold a lot of stuff on the site, and in today's market, I needed to make my listings look a little more attractive to buyers. Since I got to try their templates for 30 days, my sales has been very vibrant, so I decided to go ahead and purchase the software. My problem was that the license key which I purchased, (they send it in an email, check your old emails again) would not load, and emails left with them (in Contact US) got no response. So I got frustrated. I sent them another email letting them know that poor customer service will destroy their business, that's when I got a response. I left my message at the site, left hand " Live Support". It was my 3rd and final message that got a response. I'm deturmined, you know. :-)

Now, I cannot complain, they helped me get it running and I can go back to work. I can work with it quickly to list authentic listings that do not look generic, and I like that.
If you paid for the software and cannot get it to work as it should, send an email using the Live Support. Check that they are online. Let me know how you makout.
Best of Luck,
Comfortfood, on eBay.
sparkles
19 Mar 2010
Thanks! One more question, tho....when you contacted them via the Live Support, what time of day was it? I'v checked there a few time (within what I consider normal daytime business hours), but no one was there to assist me. I have checked and rechecked and rechecked again my old emails, and nothing!

I have used thier 30 day trial, and still have about 3 days left of such and the userfriendliness of the template designing process for creating the auction listings is what I appreciate most. I think they are very crisp, attention grabbing and professional...unfortunately, I am html illiterate.

Thanks for getting back with me, I will keep trying to reach them via the live support!
Comfortplus
20 Mar 2010
Sparkles wrote...Thanks! One more question, tho....when you contacted them via the Live Support, what time of day was it?

Sparkles, it was Saturday afternoon about 1:pm PST. I happen to check the site and the Live Chat was active. (maybe , my luck.) I sent the message about the terrible customer service, and that I will seek a refund. Later checking my emails I got one from Art who stated he was going to be there for another 2 hours, to go back to the Live Chat. That was when I was able to chat with him, and he walked me through getting it running. We chatted for quite a while afterwards. I was estatic!

I agree with you, I really love the templates and hated to think I would not be able to use them. I really did not want a refund, I wanted the darn templates.
I happened to know html, so if I did not get anyone to respond, I was going to copy and paste them into word docs so I could use them, and when Listing 09 contact me to complain, then I would let them know that I bought a licence for big bucks, and they did not deliver.LOL!

Did you get an email from them at all? It would have come immediately after you paid. Then in the bottom of the email is the Licence file you had to download. The email also came with instructions.
Send another message in the Live Support tommorow, and put HELP in the heading, then check your emails for a response. Good luck and keep me updated.
Supplier
AuctionListingCreator.com
Kudos: 110
20 Mar 2010
Hi Sparkles,

Sorry to hear you are having trouble with the activation email.
It gets sent via our automated system but sometimes the spamfilters on users' computers send the email into the spamfolder because of the attached license file.

Please send an email to sales@auctionlistingcreator.com and put the email subject as - Software Activation and we will forward you a copy of the activation email tomorrow morning.

Thank You!

Sincerely,

Art
Listing Factory Support

-Comfortplus, thank you for the assistance, I appreciate it very much.
sparkles
20 Mar 2010
Comfortplus...
Thank you for all your help. No, I have not received the first email from them as of yet. I have not tried Live Support on a Saturday yet, but I am certainly going to try my luck later today! I'll let you know how it turns out. Thanks again!

Art...
Thank you for replying to me!! I actually emailed that same email address a few days ago, but I addressed the subject differently than how you'v asked. At any rate, when I leave this forum, I will definitely send another email exactly as you instructed. Apparently, I never received your initial email, as I have checked my new mail, old mail, and spam repeatedly for such. I really hope we can get this worked out because I love the templates and thier ease of use! Thanks again...
Supplier
20 Mar 2010
Hi Sparkles,

Thank you for emailing me.
I forwarded you a copy of the activation license along with a 2nd email to see if you receive our emails, just in case the attached license file is giving problems with your email.

Please reply back to me via email and let me know if you have received it. If not, please email me an alternate email address I can try and send the license file to.

Thank You!

Sincerely,

Art
Listing Factory Support
Comfortplus
20 Mar 2010
WOOOOOW !

I love it when I can help sombody along the way!

Thanks Art for your quick reply through this medium, both to me and to Sparkles. See what I told you?

Sparkles, let me know when you are up and running, and good luck with
the software. You'll be glad you hung in there.

Congratulations, in advance!

Now, my work is done!
Anyone else need help with this software? (and it's not too technical?) Let me know and I'll see what I can do.

Love,
From Comfortplus.
Supplier
20 Mar 2010
Comfortplus,

Thanks again for the assistance, I really appreciate it.

Thanks

Art
Comfortplus
20 Mar 2010
You are Welcome LF'09.

Anytime. I also responded to you on the other side.
sparkles
27 Mar 2010
Hi, everybody!

Comfortplus....
Thanks again for your assistance!!

Art....
Thank you so much for getting me up and going! I appreciate it! I am so glad this did not turn out as I was afraid it was going to w/me losing $49...instead, I can honestly say it was $49 VERY well invested in my business. For someone as myself who is completely HTML ILLITERATE, but wants to create crisp, professional looking auction listings, Listing Factory, in my opinion...is SUPERB!

Thanks again to you both!!
~~Angie~~

[Last edited: 27 Mar 2010]
Comfortplus
28 Mar 2010
Hi Sparkles,

You are Welcome!

I agree with you it was a very good investment. I have already seen a return on the money I spent. Keep it up Art. Good job!

Comfortplus.

ReplyManager
Sellware
Ad-Lister
Xpress Lister