auctionsplash & windows 7 problem

Poster
cliffuk
Kudos: 20
auctionsplash & windows 7 problem
18 Mar 2010
I have got the new updates to use AuctionSplash with windows7. All works except the new listing page is too big for the screen. I have trie all the minimising and streching & trying to reduce the page to no avail
any suggestions please?
United States United States
jjustinb
Re: auctionsplash & windows 7 problem
26 Mar 2010
I have not found a way around it yet, but I believe it is related to display scaling using the font-size. This is a common .Net issue and requires a lot of effort as a programmer to make come out right in all cases of font scaling.

My wife uses the large fonts to see clearer, but the display is scaled out of proportion on the listing window and about a third of the display lost on the right and bottom.
United Kingdom United Kingdom
cliffuk
26 Mar 2010
Thanks for your help. Your input corrected the problem, but the text is small now & I will have to put my glasses on. Nevertheless all is now ok
thanks
United States United States
jjustinb
26 Mar 2010
There is one more compatibility option I would like to try when my wife has the time to test it. Unfortunately I don't have AuctionSplash installed, i may try to install it for my buying account at ebay and see if it works, that way I can test things easier, but i don't know if that will work. Anyhow, under the shortcut in compatibility settings there is a check box to turn off display scaling, which is what got rewritten under Windows 7 and is causing a lot of grief to programmers. *If* that works all it means is you can leave the font large for everything else in Windows7, and then auction splash will still be small printing you need glasses for. That isn't much of an advantage, but it helps prevent everything else from shrinking.

XSellco
Volo
Selro
StoreFeeder