Problems with Listing Factory

Poster
Dracula
Kudos: 35
Problems with Listing Factory
22 Apr 2010
Hi Guys,

I am relatively new to using software programs for eBay listing (only used ink Frog in the past).

Yesterday I joined up with Listing Factory because I really liked the look of what they offered but unfortunately have not found it easy to use. I spent almost a full day trying to work it all out and design a listing but struggled with some really basic functions such as font size, paragraph spacing etc. For example, if I increased the font size, the spacing between the lines would not change and lines would overlap into each other. This was very frustrating.

Anyway, I worked around this and finally got a listing together that looked nice, so I then listed the item on eBay. When I viewed the listing on eBay, I was very disappointed to find that the listing was not the same as my design on Listing Factory. The fonts were ridiculously small and the entire listing was aligned down the left side of the background rather than centered.

I have never had issues like this before with Ink Frog - in that what I designed on Ink Frog was what appeared on eBay when listed.

I am curious if anyone else has had experiences like this with Listing Factory? I post this here because if this is a common problem, I really don't want to waste any more time with the software and will go back to Ink Frog. I really like the look of pages designed with Listing Factory but it is just so frustrating when you realise you've just wasted so much time on something that didn't work!

I would really appreciate any feedback at all.

Thanks very much.

Mark.
Australia Australia
Dracula
Re: Problems with Listing Factory
17 May 2010
Anyway, just further to my issues with Listing Factory.....

Listing Factory's web site brags about a "30 Day Risk-Free Unconditional Money Back Guarantee". I have sent emails to them requesting my money back as I am not happy with their software but they have not replied to my emails or Paypal dispute resolution. I have now had to put a claim through my credit card company.
Supplier
United States
myibay.com
Kudos: 229
17 May 2010
Mark,
If you opened a PayPal dispute, you don't need to go through your credit card as well.
You'll have to escalate the claim in PayPal so someone will take a look and resolve it in your favor.

[Last edited: 17 May 2010]
Australia Australia
Dracula
17 May 2010
Hi there,
I thought the same as you but I was disappointed to see the true extent of my Paypal "buyer protection" when immediately after escalating the dispute to a claim (due to still no response from Listing Factory), I received the below email from Paypal.

[i]You have chosen to escalate your dispute to a PayPal claim. By ending
communication with the seller, you are asking PayPal to investigate the
case and decide the outcome. As part of our investigation, PayPal reviewed
any communication you may have had in the Resolution Centre.

Our investigation into the following transaction is complete. As stated in
our User Agreement, the claims process only applies to the delivery of
goods. It does not apply to complaints about the attributes or quality of
goods received. Therefore, we are unable to reverse this transaction or
issue a refund.[/i]

The claim has gone through my credit card company and they said it was no problems at all.
Supplier
United States United States
AuctionListingCreator.com
Kudos: 110
25 May 2010
Hi Dracula,

This is Art from Listing Factory support. I must apologize if I may have missed your emails with the previous refund request.

I also looked in our paypal account and dont see any disputes.

Can you kindly email me your paypal email address to sales@auctionlistingcreator.com so I can locate and refund you your purchase transaction.

If you are not 100% satisfied with our software, we are not, therefore a refund is not a problem.

Please email me asap and I can take care of it.

Please put "Refund Request" in the subject of the email.

Thank You!

Sincerely,

Art
Australia Australia
Dracula
25 May 2010
Thank you for your reply Art.

Email sent.
Australia Australia
Dracula
26 May 2010
Refund received. Thanks for clearing that up Art.
United States United States
IdiotDomainer
Kudos: 15
18 Jun 2010

AuctionListingCreator.com wrote:

Hi Dracula,

This is Art from Listing Factory support. I must apologize if I may have missed your emails with the previous refund request.

I also looked in our paypal account and dont see any disputes.

Can you kindly email me your paypal email address to sales@auctionlistingcreator.com so I can locate and refund you your purchase transaction.

If you are not 100% satisfied with our software, we are not, therefore a refund is not a problem.

Please email me asap and I can take care of it.

Please put "Refund Request" in the subject of the email.

Thank You!

Sincerely,

Art
Hi Art,

I have to say i have been using this software on its 30 day free trial and all in all I have to say i am really happy with it.

This is my first auction style software so I have nothing to compare it to.

Now, I am still thinking about buying it but my question is, it says you get 1 year of image hosting but 2 years of software updates.

So what happens after my first year of image hosting expires?

And if I have to re-buy the software every year why do I need 2 years of software updates?

I don't understand.

Thanks
Len
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Dreaddy
Kudos: 15
16 Sep 2010

Dracula wrote:

Hi Guys,

I am relatively new to using software programs for eBay listing (only used ink Frog in the past).

Yesterday I joined up with Listing Factory because I really liked the look of what they offered but unfortunately have not found it easy to use. I spent almost a full day trying to work it all out and design a listing but struggled with some really basic functions such as font size, paragraph spacing etc. For example, if I increased the font size, the spacing between the lines would not change and lines would overlap into each other. This was very frustrating.

Anyway, I worked around this and finally got a listing together that looked nice, so I then listed the item on eBay. When I viewed the listing on eBay, I was very disappointed to find that the listing was not the same as my design on Listing Factory. The fonts were ridiculously small and the entire listing was aligned down the left side of the background rather than centered.

I have never had issues like this before with Ink Frog - in that what I designed on Ink Frog was what appeared on eBay when listed.

I am curious if anyone else has had experiences like this with Listing Factory? I post this here because if this is a common problem, I really don't want to waste any more time with the software and will go back to Ink Frog. I really like the look of pages designed with Listing Factory but it is just so frustrating when you realise you've just wasted so much time on something that didn't work!

I would really appreciate any feedback at all.

Thanks very much.

Mark.
I have a similar problem. Text editing is appalling with this software. as soon as i list a listing through Listing Factory, i then have to go through eBay and "Revise" said listing to change the font, font colour and other items that Listing Factory failed to add properly. (doest really make things easy)

I noticed also that Art didn't clarify why there are text editing issues or how to resolve these issues.

I also have to add that their email support is terrible too. i have sent numerous emails to them and have herd nothing in reply.

All i really have to add is that i am disappointed i missed our 30day cut off point to get our money back. i am sure there is better software out there. I guess i will just have to take a bollocking from my boss for wasting his money.

/sadface

Thanks,
United Kingdom United Kingdom
synthmagic
Kudos: 45
27 Jan 2011
Working now and all good-problem was with Mcaffe software at my end giving a spurious message when I tried to FTP.

[Last edited: 31 Jan 2011]

Sellware
Ad-Lister
Xpress Lister
2nd Office