Software to track consignment inventory?

Poster
Anonymous
Kudos: 155
Software to track consignment inventory?
13 Sep 2004
I'm reselling items for multiple third parties.

I'm looking for an integrated solution that will allow me to manage inventory/auctions/post-auction processing, and be able to track inventory for each third party, I am selling for. I'm looking into HammerTap, but just getting started. So, I thought I'd shoot you my requirements also.
This question was originally received by email and has been edited for the forum
Herts, England United Kingdom
Andy
Kudos: 11,631
Re: Software to track consignment inventory?
13 Sep 2004
There is not much on offer currently if you want an auction management program that also tracks consignors.

Meridian from www.noblespirit.com has added some consignment selling features recently, and www.resaleworld.com come from a retail consignment store background and have a new product for eBay users. AuctionSage also has some support for tracking consignors.
Andy Geldman, Web Retailer
Please follow on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn or Google+
United States United States
Anonymous
13 Sep 2004
I'm reselling larger ticket items, in low volumes per consigner. I may only have less than 5 open auctions at any one time.

I can use QuickBooks to handle the accounting, I just thought it if something was out there, that had consignment capabilities, I would give it a look.

I'm much more interested in having quality listing management, and post-auction processing functionality. I can code an invetoryID that would identify my consigner.

HammerTap seems to offer a nicely integrate suite of products. I downloaded their Deep Analysis software, as I have requirements for tracking historical sales trends on the products I'm going to be auctioning for my consigners.

Any last minute thoughts before I take the plunge?
This question was originally received by email and has been edited for the forum
Andy
13 Sep 2004
I wrote this article for AuctionBytes - it may help with your evaluations.

Market analysis is a hot area at the moment. DeepAnalysis are the first to use licensed eBay data, but others are set to follow - such as web-based Terapeak. The non-licensed alternatives are WhizAnalysis and AuctionIntelligence and both have strong followings.

HammerTap do not have their own auction management tool - their HammerTap Manager is actually ChannelAdvisor re-branded. HammerTap have been in the business for some time and do have a good range of products but there are a number of very good eBay developers you could also look at.
United States United States
Anonymous
13 Sep 2004
Thanks for the response.

I'll check out the article!

I downloaded both deepanalysis and AuctionIntelligence.

DeepAnalysis won't scrape eBay Motors, which is where my products list.

I gave AuctionIntelligence a go, what a nice product! I was up and running quickly w/ Auction Intelligence, and able to create the custom searches easily, that gave me the data sets I wanted to evaluate.

Thanks Again!
Andy
13 Sep 2004
No problem!

By the way, we have an offer running with AuctionIntelligence - first two months for the price of one, via this link.
Australia Australia
Lex Graber
Kudos: 35
17 May 2005
Have you looked at Liberty 4 Trading Assistants - it seems to meet all your stated requirements (although being a US based firm it failed to meet many if mine in Australia)...
Supplier
India India
Virtual Council , Inc.
Kudos: 25
18 May 2005

Via email wrote:

I'm reselling items for multiple third parties.

I'm looking for an integrated solution that will allow me to manage inventory/auctions/post-auction processing, and be able to track inventory for each third party, I am selling for. I'm looking into HammerTap, but just getting started. So, I thought I'd shoot you my requirements also.
try www.auctionteller.com - its specifically for ebay trading assistants and posts and has all the features you've mentioned.

World First
Seller Dynamics
ReplyManager
Sellware