Is there room for another Auction Management Software suite

Poster
sendbuyer
Kudos: 15
Is there room for another Auction Management Software suite
14 Jul 2010
All

Of all the current Multi Channel Software on the market at present is there any room in the market for another suite of software?

At present are there any features yet to be perfected or improved upon? i.e. bookeeping, high volume listing etc.

What's coming down the line in terms of features for high, medium and low use business.

Welcome your comments.

Regards

George
Herts, England United Kingdom
Andy
Kudos: 11,631
Re: Is there room for another Auction Management Software su
14 Jul 2010
Hi George

sendbuyer wrote:

Of all the current Multi Channel Software on the market at present is there any room in the market for another suite of software?
It's a crowded and competitive market, but there is space for really innovative ideas - real game-changers. These come along very rarely.

As you will see on these forums, it is very difficult for sellers to choose between providers at the moment. Few providers have a clear enough position to make them an obvious choice for any particular niche of sellers. New products should clearly differentiate themselves by price, features or approach. Otherwise they will get lost in the crowd.

If there is a space at the moment for a general-purpose auction management solution, I would say it's in the mid-market. I struggle when people ask for low-cost services that offer multiple marketplaces and good order management features. But perhaps some sellers are pursuing business models that need the support of sophisticated management software without generating the margin to pay for it.

There is no free service at the moment, but that may not be viable.

sendbuyer wrote:

At present are there any features yet to be perfected or improved upon? i.e. bookeeping, high volume listing etc.
Order management and built-in webstores can be weak points.

sendbuyer wrote:

What's coming down the line in terms of features for high, medium and low use business.
I'll have to leave that one. Companies don't usually make their development roadmap public.
Andy Geldman, Web Retailer
Please follow on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn or Google+

XSellco
Volo
Selro
StoreFeeder