Please help: print SKU numbers on shipping labels

Poster
sopranoman
Kudos: 35
Please help: print SKU numbers on shipping labels
9 Aug 2010
Hi, I stumbled across this forum in researching for a solution to my needs. I am going to be selling many different items on ebay and amazon. I want a program for listing where I will be able to organize my inventory by sku numbers. This is easy to find, almost all the listing programs do this. However, I want my sku numbers to be printed on my shipping labels so that it will be easier for me to match the items up with their shipping labels. I was thinking about using inkFrog and ShipRush Endicia. Inputting my inventory into inkfrog and printing the labels with shiprush endicia. I want to know if shiprush endicia will automatically be able to retrieve my sku numbers from inkfrog and have the sku numbers on the shipping labels? Even if you don't know if these two programs are compatible, can someone tell me suggest other programs or what they do to match their items up with shipping labels when selling in high volume? Thank you so much for taking the time to read this, I hope someone can help.

[Last edited by moderator: Added more information to title — 15 Aug 2010]
United States United States
tracker
Kudos: 228
Re: Please help:
13 Aug 2010
Hi,

Welcome to the forum.

sopranoman wrote:

I want to know if ShipRush Endicia will automatically be able to retrieve my sku numbers from inkFrog and have the sku numbers on the shipping labels?
I don't think that shiprush endicia can do this.

sopranoman wrote:

I am going to be selling many different items on ebay and amazon ...... I was thinking about using inkfrog
Currently inkfrog only does ebay.

How many orders a month are you expecting? Do you currently or in the future sell on your own website?

Regards,
Tracker
sopranoman
Re: Please help:
13 Aug 2010
Thanks for your response.

I think I may have answered my own question but still would like someone to confirm this. I will be able to do my inventory in inkFrog and then list my inventory items on ebay. Then once my items are on ebay ShipRush Endicia will pick up the sku numbers via ebay so that I can put them on my shipping labels. I THINK that is how I can accomplish this.
Midlothian, VA United States
Jax Music Supply
Kudos: 2,361
Re: Please help: print SKU numbers on shipping labels
15 Aug 2010
Hi. You may want to checkout ShipWorks. You can print from most common shopping carts as well as eBay and Amazon. We print our packing lists, including sku, as well as our shipping labels. It also has some basic reporting. My favorite report is probably the picklist report which shows the quantity and items we need to ship that day. Makes it easy to pull all our orders at one time. Shipworks integrates with most shipping companies.

I have not looked into it, but you may be able to add a custom field (SKU) to shipping labels. Couldn't hurt to look into it. We do not do this since we put a receipt/packing slip in with each order. You can configure it to print a receipt and then the shipping label in order.

Regarding inkFrog, there sku system did not work well for us. It puts its own sku on ebay (rather than yours) and apparently references the proper sku via an internal database. This creates a problem if you are integrating orders with another system since eBay will pass the Inkfrog sku rather than the proper sku.

Good luck! Jack
sopranoman
15 Aug 2010
Thanks Jack for your response. What software do you use to list your auctions since you are not a big fan of inkFrog?
Midlothian, VA United States
Jax Music Supply
Kudos: 2,361
16 Aug 2010
No problem. We use Blackthorne for our listings on eBay and we just use Amazon's listing to list our Amazon items. We wrote our own program to synchronize inventory between our website and eBay. We have not added Amazon to that program yet. We are working on creating our own listing program to work with all 3 markets but it takes time. Best, Jack
Supplier
jason@auctane.net United States
AuctanePro
Kudos: 30
16 Aug 2010
Here's another eBay-only solution for you. You can use eBay Selling Manager Pro to manage your inventory. Then you can use our shipping application, Auctane Shipping Manager, to print SKU's directly on your shipping labels. For multi-item orders, it can print a list of SKU's including their quantity on the label. Hope this helps!
sopranoman
16 Aug 2010
The thing I don't like about ebays Selling Manager pro is that charges $0.10 for each listing that you schedule. Does Auctane only work with SMP?
Supplier
jason@auctane.net United States
AuctanePro
Kudos: 30
16 Aug 2010
Auctane is not dependent on SMP. Our SKU printing feature will work any inventory management system that allows you to populate eBay's Custom Label or SKU fields. I just did a quick check, and inkFrog allows you to do this.
ShipUser1
Kudos: 25
21 Aug 2010
ShipRush can FOR SURE print SKU's on your shipping labels. Just ask the guys on the ShipRush forums:

forums.zfirm.com/

HTH
Supplier
Teapplix
Kudos: 63
1 Sep 2010
Checkout Teapplix: www.teapplix.com

We can add SKU's to your shipping labels easy. Handle multiple line orders too.
Not only that, we are not limited to eBay sales.

Also, Teapplix remembers weights & shipping methods so you don't have to fill that again and again.
Xudong Yan
CEO
Teapplix, Inc.
Beyond Simple Shipping
Sales: (650) 516-6071
Support: (650) 516-6058
www.teapplix.com

Xpress Lister
2nd Office
ChannelAdvisor
XSellco