Help with embedding pictures in listings

Poster
United States United States
Dkd
Kudos: 15
Help with embedding pictures in listings
29 Sep 2010
Hello, I am a power seller on ebay and use ebays default picture hosting service for my listings. I feel the pictures are of poor quality and I usually have around 5 pictures per item listed and think a majority of people browsing my items dont look at my other pictures.

I was wondering what a good program is that hosts my pictures and can embed them into my listing in bulk. I need it to host about 1000 pictures a week and need it to last forever. Any help is very appreciated. Thanks
tracker
Kudos: 228
Re: Help with embedding pictures in listings
30 Sep 2010
Hi,

Welcome to the forum.

The answer can depend on how many unique items you are dealing with. If you say have 10 to 20 items that you sell many times over then it is possible to do this manually. Once you have made your 20 unique items' ads you can reuse them. However, if you sell one of a kind items and each listing is different then you need some software to do this for you.

Tracker
Supplier
United States
myibay.com
Kudos: 229
1 Oct 2010
If you need so many pictures and want it to be reliable, the best bet is to buy some cheap Web hosting plan just to host your pictures.
If you need some big names, you can check out GoDaddy.com hosting, 1&1 hosting and others. The price should be about $4-$5/month.
There are thousands of small companies who do it too. Smaller companies may have lower prices.
There are two major hosting types: Linux and Windows. Windows is usually more expensive, but just for hosting static pictures Linux will do.

Then create your templates utilizing your paid hosting.
Supplier
Vendio Services
Kudos: 65
1 Oct 2010
Hi there - you can use a free service like FlickR or PhotoBucket. Vendio has also recently released free image hosting :

www.vendio.com/ecommerce/image_hosting

Best, Helen
Supplier
United States
myibay.com
2 Oct 2010
Vendio may be a good choice, but note that they have some restrictions (90 day expiration by default, must be used on online auctions only, you must also put their banner, etc).
If that does not bother you, then it's fine.

[Last edited: 2 Oct 2010]
Supplier
Vendio Services
4 Oct 2010

myibay.com wrote:

Vendio may be a good choice, but note that they have some restrictions (90 day expiration by default, must be used on online auctions only, you must also put their banner, etc).
If that does not bother you, then it's fine.
Yes, the 90 day expiration is a feature that we use because many sellers upload photos which take up space, that they don't need again. It's very easy to mark ALL images to never expire.

I'm not quite sure what you mean by "their banner" - you can use our image hosting to host photos anywhere. If you use Vendio on eBay, then we will automatically upload & place images where you'd like. We do add a credit text to the bottom of your listing, but it's not a banner and does not "compete" with seller listings.

Best, Helen
Supplier
United States
myibay.com
4 Oct 2010
This is what I meant:

www.vendio.com/ecommerce/terms/ihost_terms:
3. Vendio Banners. All images hosted by Vendio must be accompanied by our click-through banner, or they will be subject to deletion without notice. The banner is included in our system generated code.

[Last edited: 4 Oct 2010]
Supplier
Vendio Services
4 Oct 2010

myibay.com wrote:

This is what I meant:

www.vendio.com/ecommerce/terms/ihost_terms:
3. Vendio Banners. All images hosted by Vendio must be accompanied by our click-through banner, or they will be subject to deletion without notice. The banner is included in our system generated code.
Aha - thanks for pointing that out. This is an inaccuracy that we need to update ASAP. Appreciate you pointing it out to us

Helen
Supplier
United States
myibay.com
4 Oct 2010
I feel like I'm the only one who actually read that page.. :-)
Supplier
Vendio Services
7 Oct 2010

myibay.com wrote:

I feel like I'm the only one who actually read that page.. :-)
Good chance - but regardless, we should have it fixed.

Volo
Selro
StoreFeeder
World First