Problems with ChannelMax

Poster
JakeNewman
Kudos: 20
Problems with ChannelMax
12 Oct 2010
We have been using ChannelMAX for a while for repricing our products on Amazon and initially it worked well, but lately the software is not working properly and their service is terrible.

The keep telling us they will fix the problem but nothing happens for weeks now. We even tried to erase all of the setting and just set it to price downwards and the past several reports show that it continues to price items upwards.

We are totally fed up with this company at this point and we need to find new software to manage our repricing on Amazon ASAP.

We list approx 1000 items on Amazon and need software to automatically reprice against our competition.

Please help!!
Supplier
United States United States
ChannelMAX
Kudos: 253
Re: Problems with ChannelMax
14 Oct 2010
Hello ..

This is Paul from ChannelMAX. Would you please email me directly at paul@channelmax.net

Please include your ChannelMAX login ID so that I know what caused you to have trouble ..

Apology for any issue that may have had ..

Sincerely,
Paul
Supplier
ChannelMAX
14 Oct 2010
There is some policy change from Amazon which had impacted the repricing for many sellers specially with MAP price .. I hope that not caused your problem ..

Please email me, I would definitely like to address your concern ..

developer.amazonwebservices.co...d.jspa?threadID=52485&tstart=0

[Last edited: 14 Oct 2010]
KingofAmazon
Kudos: 15
15 Oct 2010
We have been using ChannelMAX for the past 2+ years. Having used pretty much every repricing software out there in the market, and having obscenely sophisticated repricing models for our 3500+ item inventory, we consider ourselves veterans of online repricing.

In our experience, whenever we have faced issues with repricing, Paul has been extremely responsive, and EVERY SINGLE TIME the problem has been because of some issue on our end (repricing model is wrong, inventory down to zero, category setup, our shipping rates for a SKU changed, etc). There are so many moving parts it can be a challenge narrowing down the specific problem. But with Paul's help and a little investigation on our end, we have resolved the issue every single time.

If you are new to ChannelMax and are experiencing problems with repricing, I can say without a doubt that you are missing something in your repricing model or inventory setup. Work with Paul and he will help you resolve the issue. Alternatively, you can go try all the other repricing models available, spend a fortune, get completely frustrated, and come back to Paul after a few months. Your call.

Hope this helps. Good luck!
Supplier
ChannelMAX
16 Oct 2010
Hi JakeNewman,

Still waiting to hear back from you.

Please reply to me directly or to the private message that I sent to you.

We take pride in what we do and want to get to bottom of your cause for frustration, and take corrective action as needed immediately ..

Thanks
Paul
CMaxuser1
18 Oct 2010
I've been using ChannelMAX for well over a year now and depending on what you're trying to accomplish, it can be rather complex. I've set it up so completely that I almost don't even look at my pricing any more. The ChannelMax service does it all. I've had a few problems here and there which they have always helped fix quickly, and they've even gone so far as to add in entire new features that I requested personally. I can see how the less computer savvy might get frustrated, but if you take the time to learn ChannelMax inside and out, quite frankly it's a life-changer.
Supplier
ChannelMAX
19 Oct 2010
Hi JakeNewman,

Our repeated request to you has gone unanswered .. I will request now the auctionsoftwarereview moderator Andy to intervene ..

Thanks
Paul
Supplier
ChannelMAX
24 Oct 2010
Hi Andy,

Would you please take corrective action on this posting .. repeated posting and private message to JakeNewman have gone unanswered.

Sure we can take criticism, apply constructively and strive to do it better. We have been in business for last 3 years and surely want to continue serving the seller community with honesty and integrity for the long haul (God willing).

But I am concerned about veracity of this posting by JakeNewman.

Its important that we respect the spirit of open and honest discussion and not misuse it. Hence I request you to intervene.

Sincerely,
Paul

[Last edited: 25 Oct 2010]
LearnRight
26 Oct 2010
We have been with ChannelMAX for almost 2 years now and have had a great experience. The only service that we use from them is their re-pricing software. I believe they have additional features, we just do not have a need for them at this time. Everytime that we have needed support from them, I don't think that we have waiting longer then 30min for a reply. They have the best customer service that we have dealt with, we couldn't be happier. We also have about 1000 items and have no problems at all. I would highly recommend their services.
Supplier
ChannelMAX
1 Nov 2010
Hello JakeNewman,

Since you never replied or never had the courage to identify yourself and discuss the issue in an open forum in a constructive way, we all are very convinced about your motive, definitely a sinister one just to malign ChannelMAX for no apparent reason.

We all are part of a broader community, these childish actions of yours does not help no-one, including you.

Thanks
Paul
JakeNewman
Kudos: 20
3 Nov 2010
I didn't mean to malign anyone on this forum. I was telling the truth about our experience. I have been busy and was not able to login for a while which is why I didn't reply. I was simply looking for alternatives to Channel MAX. I was not able to find a better software nor did anyone offer any advice on better re-pricing software. Channel Max has now resolved the issue and it "seems" to be working now.

Delete this post if you like. I really just wanted some alternatives to ChannelMAX.
Supplier
ChannelMAX
3 Nov 2010
Thanks JakeNewman,

I wish you replied to this post and my private messages earlier. Every fact based feedback that is constructive is important to us, even if its not palatable. Deletion of the post is not what we would request as we will never hide behind our shortcomings, because as I mentioned we are here for the long haul to serve the seller community and will always uphold the integrity and honesty and strive to do better.

Please email me directly so that I know what caused you your frustration so that we can make amend for it if needed. Repricing aka pricing management is extremely sensitive to time, data and reprice rules applied. So analysis is important to find the cause.

Thanks
Paul
CCs
Cambridgeshire United Kingdom
CCs
Kudos: 25
Re: Problems with (Paul) ChannelMax
15 Dec 2010
Is it me or does anyone else have issues with Paul's lack of response to emails!!!

I have a UK based Amazon Pro Merchant account with 2000+ lines and use repricing software. Two months ago I emailed Paul to discuss trialling his software and his immediate and initial response was very positive.

Regrettably, its been 8 weeks since we first emailed and I'm disappointed to report that after the initial email Paul's response times have been appalling- I've never experienced such poor communication.

C'mon Paul for god's sake talk/respond to my emails and lets see if your software is a good as you claim!
Supplier
ChannelMAX
15 Dec 2010
What is your Amazon seller name please ? Please re-email me.

The Oct/Nov are extremely busy months for signing new business and I am not surprised that we could not set you up (we have few others who are not happy because we could not get to them either). Things are calmer now, and hope we can help you out.

Since we are hosted solution (rather than desktop), we are very careful to scale up.

Thanks
Paul
CCs
Cambridgeshire United Kingdom
CCs
Kudos: 25
15 Dec 2010
Paul, I'm Steve at CC Books.

ReplyManager
Sellware
Ad-Lister