Help With Bid-O-Matic Problem

Poster
nicerman
Kudos: 45
Help With Bid-O-Matic Problem
30 Oct 2010
[b]I have been using Bid-O-Matic very successfully for quite some time. In the past few days it has stopped bidding for me! When the auction is over my bid has not been placed and in the status column it says error.

The time sync is OK and Login is always successful. Can't figure out the problem. Can anyone help?

Thank You,[/b]
Supplier
United States
myibay.com
Kudos: 229
Re: Help With Bid-O-Matic Problem
31 Oct 2010
If you could check what was the error message, it may give you a clue.

Making sure you are using the latest version is a good thing to check, because eBay is constantly making changes to their pages and many snipers need updates to reflect that.
United States United States
nicerman
31 Oct 2010
Thanks for trying to help. When I highlight "error" it says click for details.
Unfortunately, when I click on it it simply takes me back to the auction that I was trying to bid on. It gives no error message details.
Supplier
United States
myibay.com
31 Oct 2010
Was it ended earlier by the seller (check "Bid history")?
If everything looks good and clean, and you think you should've won it, report the problem to the author. Or try another sniper to see if the other one will work for you.
nicerman
31 Oct 2010
No that wasn't the problem as this has happened on at least a half dozen auctions in the last three or four days. I even uninstalled Bid-O-Matic and reinstalled it and it still won't work. Any suggestions on a different program to use besides BOM?
Supplier
United States
myibay.com
31 Oct 2010
Seems like BOM needs an update..

As an owner of myibay.com, I could suggest to try it and see how it works for you.
The main difference between BOM and Myibay.com is that Myibay.com is a server-based sniper (all snipes are being placed using a secured remote server, so you don't need to keep your PC only during your snipes).

Additionally, feel free to check out a list of other free snipers for eBay here: Free snipers

[Last edited: 31 Oct 2010]
nicerman
31 Oct 2010
I just tried using BOM on a different computer and it worked just fine. Obviously then it is something in my computer which is interferring with BOM's functioning. Haven't a clue what it could be!
Supplier
United States
myibay.com
1 Nov 2010
The only guess is your firewall.
nicerman
1 Nov 2010
I also thought it might be the firewall but have had it turned off. BOM still won't work.
nicerman
1 Nov 2010
Trying to download myibay but it just keeps sending me to Foxfire! How do I download Myibay?
nicerman
2 Nov 2010
Decided to download QuickSnipe and try it. Got it all set up and ready to go.
Entered my first item and waited for the auction to end. Guess what??
It didn't place my bid. No idea why or what I did wrong.
Supplier
United States
myibay.com
2 Nov 2010

nicerman wrote:

Trying to download myibay but it just keeps sending me to Foxfire! How do I download Myibay?
Do you mean Firefox browser? If so, then this is an add-on for Firefox browser. If you don't use Firefox, you don't need to download it.

Myibay for Windows is available for download from this official page: www.myibay.com/download/
Click "Download" button, choose any download link, run the executable and follow instructions.

[Last edited: 2 Nov 2010]

Seller Dynamics
ReplyManager
Sellware
Ad-Lister