United States United States
tkop
Contributions: 13
Would like an ebay integrated website - ideas?
Dec 7, 2010, 5:29am
Right now I'm using ebay's Blackthorne. It serves me well. I'm willing to keep using it to post auctions and deal with sales afterwards.

But I want a storefront and be able to list items not on allowed on ebay. (Like American Medals:/)

Requirements:
#1 Inventory integration. If an item sells on the store, it should deduct from ebay automatically (or end the item if at 0). And vice versa.
#2 Accept CSV or other type of file uploads for item creation. I'm flexible here as long as I can keep it in a spreadsheet.
#3 Allow bulk changing of store items.
#4 Store must have calculated shipping.

I'm still willing to upload with Blackthorne if that is easier (templates and the like). There are other niceties I would like but they are not deal breakers. I have checked out the following:

BigCommerce. Problems: I sell many collectibles, so with a quantity of one. They seem to punish sellers with many items by requiring anyone with over 500 items to sign up to their 2nd highest tier ($150). 1GB space and 15GB bandwidth at that level seem anemic. Their upgraded 3GB space at $300 a month is a joke.

Inkfrog/Highwire. (Partner sites). Inkfrog seems like a nice listing solution, but Highwire storefront has no ebay integration. Dealbreaker.

Auctionblox. I can't tell if it has CSV file upload - possible dealbreaker. No free demo. At my price range have to do SSL and other few things. No big deal. Takes 1% of sales. 1% isn't bad, but at $99 a month, I wish not. Still, they have no bandwidth limit so if that percentage pays for increased bandwidth and space, so be it. Nothing for free in this life. Frontrunner for now if CSV or other fileupload confirmed.

Vendio. Supposedly free but fees rack up quick for extra services. No bulk item change -- they import the ebay listing as is -- and with the legalese on the bottom of my ebay listing, it's unacceptably slow to go one by one to change. Has bad rep on this and other sites, especially the storefront they provide.

Prostores. Does not accept items not allowed on ebay since it's ebay owned. Not considered at all. Whole point of this excercise (WW2 items, even American, get kicked out now.)

eSellerPro and ChannelAdvisor. No pricing on site. Seem like expensive solutions geared towards large volume sellers. I have inquired at eSellerPro anyway but they are not taking new customers outside UK anyway.

I'm willing to investigate others. I don't think I have high demands. I just want something easy, where I don't have to play webmaster too much after the initial setup. I just want to sell stuff.

[Last edited: Dec 7, 2010, 5:30am]
Herts, England United Kingdom
Andy
Contributions: 811
Re: Would like an ebay integrated website - ideas?
Dec 11, 2010, 6:00pm
If you like eBay Blackthorne take a look at other desktop-based auction management tools like AuctionSage, AuctionSplash and Auction Wizard 2000.

There is also a new program due to be launched early next year...
Web Retailer - Join us on Facebook or Twitter!
tkop
Dec 15, 2010, 6:34am
Well, thanks, I don't want new listing management software though. I reviewed the offerings in the past and Blackthorne is the best of the lot imo. I have learned it and for $360 a year, it's not bad. Other people's need vary and they might need other solutions, I understand.

What I do need is a storefront synchronized with my ebay inventory...

[Last edited: Dec 15, 2010, 6:35am]
Herts, England United Kingdom
Andy
Contributions: 811
Dec 24, 2010, 5:13pm
Hi tkop,

The normal way to get a storefront integrated with your eBay listings is to replace your listing management solution with one that will also list to a web store - it's not so common to retain your existing listing software and synchronize a store directly with eBay.

The new software being launched next year is from the makers of Blackthorne and has an import feature for Blackthorne listings. I don't believe it is being launched with any storefront integration features but that may be in their plans for the product. If so, it could be the natural choice for you as a Blackthorne user. The official launch is Jan 5th 2011.

Otherwise, you are looking in the right places. Auctiva is another low-cost option.
Web Retailer - Join us on Facebook or Twitter!
tkop
Jan 9, 2011, 11:49pm
I'm probably going to stick with Blackthorne for ebay listing, have CS cart for my store, and let Linnworks handle the orders.
USA United States
kimpex
Contributions: 1
Feb 11, 2011, 11:14am
As per my experience blackthorn is good rather then any other software. We have many store for inventory management and we never use any software.

we are uploading all item manually with dynamic page design and linking using some techniques. which also create attraction and gives good clarification to customer.
Richmond, VA United States
Jax Music Supply
Contributions: 70
Feb 13, 2011, 6:50pm
I use Blackthorne to list on eBay too - for now. It is starting to get really creaky and slow. The more items we have the bigger problems. We wrote our integration software for our website (x-cart based) and eBay. We use Shipworks for handling fulfillment. This has been a cost effective solution. Would be better if we could integrate all of our marketing places. It takes time though.
PowerSellerTemplates
Contributions: 3
Apr 18, 2011, 8:53am
Hi,

You can integrate your facebook account to showcase all your merchandise that you sell on eBay.

You get the traffic and the sales.
rmeyer23
Contributions: 1
Apr 21, 2011, 5:18pm
Have you tried the low cost service by Channeladvisor, MarketplaceAdvisor? It has an integrated web store and it costs me about $150 @month. It also allows you to develop any type of listing and then can chose to list it on Ebay and/or your store. Both Ebay and your store pulls from the same inventory.

Ron M
comments Want to discuss something else? Start a new discussion.
« Previous | Next »