Any advice?
Closed

Poster
retodd33
Kudos: 15
Any advice?
13 Dec 2010
Hi all, I'm desperate for some advice as im at a loose end!!

Ive very recently started to work for my dad for his online book company, where we sell books on ebay, amazon and play. Now ive only worked for him for two months but I can see all sorts of problems and id really appreciate any advice.

The main problem is my dads inventory, or lack of it. He literally has no inventory, as he uses a program called Seller Express. Which lists only on amazon and play. But to list on ebay he manually lists items, Therefore relisting etc all the time. The main problem being here that single items are potentially listed on both sites, Actaully thats not the main problem, its one of many,

Ridiculous amount of time spent updating stock levels, as have to keep stock counts to a minimum as iteams are listed on both sites. Ebay we generally stick to a static pricing system but this is not always competitive. seller express would be fine, but they dont integrate ebay. So what are our options? We have around 5,000 titles. But to order im walking round with a pen and paper telling my dad when titles are low, or when we sell something, i have to tell him if we have more left etc. Its an awful system, one which im embarresed to say we use. but i do know that seller express is reasonably cheap.

As you can no doubt see im failry new to this. But I have had a lot of expereince in retail managment, And it doesnt take a genius to work out the system were using now just isnt going to cut it. Im really looking for something to list all the titles we have, so i can update the inventory as and when titles come in. thats relativly easy to list on (bearing in mind were having to list on two seperate sites at the moment anyway).

Its far too much time to use both sites. But, seller express is fairly cheap (£30-£50 a month) and i think my dad is sceptical at paying more for a site that may not benifit him. Seller express also automaticly updates prices to the cheapest as to stay competetive, is this possible to set up for ebay too? Are there programs available where all our stock could be listed over multiple sites? An item sells on one and it automaticly updates on the other? So i could use one inventory for everything, also could it be used for second hand items?

Im scratching the surface really with the questions I have. but would really like to know more. If anyone has any advice at all i would really really appreciate it. So hopefully thanks in advance.
Herts, England United Kingdom
Andy
Kudos: 11,616
Re: Any advice?
24 Dec 2010
Hi retodd33,

The simple answer may be to wait for Seller Express to add eBay support - which is scheduled for early next year.

It's not easy to have automatic repricing on eBay as listings are not tied to barcodes in the way that Amazon listings are. Amazon repricing is a relatively common feature but I haven't heard of suppliers doing automated eBay repricing.

If you decide to look elsewhere, there are software solutions specifically for media (CDs, DVDs, books, video games) sellers such as FillZ, Monsoon and Indaba.
Andy Geldman, Web Retailer
Please follow on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn or Google+
Supplier
chris@sellerexpress.com United Kingdom
SellerExpress
Kudos: 250
6 Jan 2011
Hi Retodd33

You will be glad to hear that we have already started development to integrate eBay with SellerExpress. This means that all customers will be able to manage inventory without managing 2 seperate systems. We hope to release this functionality in Q2 2011.

With regards to the other issues you raised.

Managing Stock on Multiple Marketplaces.

SellerExpress provides an 'inventory splitter' tool which allows you to manage what percentage of stock you would like to list on any marketplace. It also allows you to set the minimum number of units a title must have in order to list to any individual marketplace. This means that you can set single items not to list on multiple marketplaces.

Managing Low Quatities

There is a 'Low Stock' report available in SellerExpress which you can customise to your own preferences. This is available from the dashboard and reports screen.

We generally answer most support questions within a few working hours, so if you have any questions or need any help, it is best to email us direct (support@sellerexpress.com). Please feel free to email support if you require any further assistance or training.

Kind regards

Brendan
CEO SellerExpress
SellerExpress helps you manage your inventory,
sales, pricing and orders on eBay, Amazon,
Rakuten and webstores.
Demo available
www.sellerexpress.com
Herts, England United Kingdom
Andy
Kudos: 11,616
9 Jan 2011

Andy wrote:

It's not easy to have automatic repricing on eBay as listings are not tied to barcodes in the way that Amazon listings are. Amazon repricing is a relatively common feature but I haven't heard of suppliers doing automated eBay repricing.
Correction: Price Spectre is a point solution that does exactly that!
Andy Geldman, Web Retailer
Please follow on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn or Google+

World First
Seller Dynamics
ReplyManager
Sellware