Searching with a maximum shipping cost?

Poster
james3
Kudos: 40
Searching with a maximum shipping cost?
23 Dec 2010
Hi,

Does anyone know of software (or indeed any method) where you can set a maximum postage cost?

Surprisingly, I don't think the ebay api (at least the "finding api") has a way of doing this yet. So I guess it would have to be some software that implements this feature itself after downloading results from ebay. Prospector doesn't do this. Munnin doesn't either; It does have this option but using it always gives the error "maximum shipping costs is not supported by this ebay platform".

It would be useful if say, I was looking for some really cheap clothes, e.g. t-shirts which end around £1 but want to keep the postage lower than £1 or £2.

Thanks.
Herts, England United Kingdom
Andy
Kudos: 11,606
Re: Searching with a maximum shipping cost?
24 Dec 2010
Hi james3,

Would a search for total combined cost work for you? Is that a feature you came across?

Prospector and Munnin are probably the most feature-rich search tools. This is the category for eBay search software - both web-based and desktop

[Last edited: 12 Jul 2012]
Andy Geldman, Web Retailer
Please follow on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn or Google+
United Kingdom United Kingdom
james3
Kudos: 40
26 Jan 2011
Hi Andy,

Searching with a limit to the combined cost is a good idea. It's one that did cross my mind when looking into it. I guess it would do the job o.k, even though I still think a maximum postage limit should be implemented in the api.

Unfortunately, I haven't found your suggested feature either! At least, not in Prospector or Munnin.

Thanks.
Supplier
United States United States
AuctionSensor
Kudos: 25
15 Mar 2011
Hi james3,

AuctionSensor CAN search eBay for total combined cost including shipping.

It is listed here at auctionsoftwarereview directory.

www.AuctionSensor.com

2nd Office
ChannelAdvisor
XSellco
Volo