GavelThief License does not activate, anyone else have this?

Poster
joeschmidt45
Kudos: 20
GavelThief License does not activate, anyone else have this?
9 Jan 2011
Basically I just recently purchased a license for GavelThief for 20 dollars but when I enter the license into GavelThief it just brings up an error box with a red X that says "Error Verifying License". Is anyone else experiencing this problem or is anyone successfully using GavelThief right now that can help me out? Thanks!
Herts, England United Kingdom
Andy
Kudos: 11,623
Re: GavelThief License does not activate, anyone else have t
9 Jan 2011
Have you tried GavelThief's customer support?

www.gavelthief.com/contact.php

[Last edited: 9 Jan 2011]
Andy Geldman, Web Retailer
Please follow on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn or Google+
United States United States
joeschmidt45
9 Jan 2011
Yes, I've sent many emails already and their online customer support is never on. They have not responded to a single email, and I have emailed the support and the creator himself. I have no idea what is going on.
United Kingdom United Kingdom
fruit salads
10 Jan 2011
Hi,

I have exactly the same problem. My account on GavelThief.com shows a verified account after paying for the service, however i have the red error dialogue saying cannot verify. i have removed my account in the gavelthief software and tried to add a brand new one, this didn't work i then tried unistalling the program and reinstalling, that didn't work either. The trial activation code is the same as the one shown in my verified full version in my account on gavel thief.com so it should all work.

I hope Preston can sort this out as i have heard nothing from all my emails to support. Live chat is not even activated.

The program is great and I assume many people would sign up to it for unlimited access but with customer service like this I doubt they will!
Canada Canada
shawnmandel
Kudos: 15
11 Jan 2011
Just letting everyone know that I've filed a PayPal case via their Resolution Center to either get my license working or obtain a full refund. This service level from GavelThief is totally unacceptable.
Supplier
prestonlanier@gavelthief.com United States
GavelThief
Kudos: 35
18 Jan 2011
Hi everyone,

I am Preston, the original developer of GavelThief. I sincerely apologize for all of the problems you've been experiencing. We sold the rights to GavelThief to another development team a few months ago, and they've apparently done a horrendous job of managing the project and helping customers. In an effort to make things right - as of today - we have reacquired the rights to GavelThief and taken back over the development and support processes.

The problem you all seem to be experiencing is likely due to PayPal refusing to talk to the GavelThief activation servers because the SSL certificate expired under the old development team. Due to other complications, we had to set up a new email server this morning and trash the old. If you each would please resubmit your support inquiries by sending an email to support@gavelthief.com (providing your eBay username), I promise you will receive a reply within the next 24 hours or so. You can use the contact link that Andy provided, but you will receive a cautionary notice about the SSL certificate being out of date for the time being.

Again, I apologize for all of the trouble you guys are having. Now that the original development and support team is back, things should hopefully get back on track within the next few weeks.

Best Regards,
Preston
United Kingdom United Kingdom
fruit salads
Gavelthief License
18 Jan 2011
Preston,

Thanks for sorting out the license it now works. I think we were all unaware of the change over and understand now the problem you had. I will withdraw the Paypal claim.

Kind Regards,

Scott

XSellco
Volo
Selro
StoreFeeder