Anybody try the new software with Sixbit?

Poster
tkop
Kudos: 75
Anybody try the new software with Sixbit?
9 Jan 2011
It's by the original Blackthorne team who was bought out by eBay and after maintaining that for a while, got retired by ebay itself and they moved on. I was on Blackthorne since AuctionAssistant days in the late 90s. It took them a long time to get from **** that saves you some time to really good.

I may play with SixBit for a while, already have it. It looks slick but seems to be missing things. I'll probably will opt out for at least a year.

I noticed they don't take direct CSV import yet like BT does -- you need a TurboLister, so BT wins in that area. But it does take one formatted by Turbolister (I can't get Turbolister to accept my CSV file, so that's mute). The are supposedly working on that.

They are working on working on other ecommerce sites. I don't care about Amazon, as my items are collectibles gears and not for the amazon market... but if it works with a good storefront (not ebay controlled Pro-stores, but like CS-Cart) - I may become interested.

Right now, I'm more familiar with BT and don't see benefits switching over.

[Last edited: 10 Jan 2011]
United States United States
ruben
Re: Anybody try the new software with Sixbit?
10 Apr 2011
I have been with Blackthorne since it started, Seller Assistnt Pro before that, and Auction Assistant before that (All John Slocum and Team eBay auction software.

I am just about finished transfering all my listings into SixBit from Blackthorne Pro, and will be cancelling BTP at the end of the month.

The developers of Blackthorne, are in charge of SixBit, and this program will be much better than BTP in just a very short time.

At least with SixBit, you will get great customer service from the Developers, like you used to get when they were with BT. (eBay restructured their staff, and most of the Slocum Team of developers got the boot). While there are a couple of Dev's who try to help as much as possible, customer service, programming for eBay updates, and bug problems seem to take forever to get fixed.

I am very impresssed with SixBit, and soon it will be available for other E-Commerce selling venues. I know that they are working on Etsy and BidStart now, and maybe have Amazon ready to go by the end of the year if everything goes as planned.

I have been a eBay seller since 1999, and highly reccommend the SixBit program to everyone who is serious about a full functioning software.

There is a 30 day Free trial to test it out, and 3 different programs to choose from, depending on what you need for your business.

Give it a test.
Supplier
SixBit Software
Kudos: 71
26 May 2011
Just as an update, our CSV import and export features are available in the latest release.

Thanks,

John
tkop
19 Jun 2011
I'd like to see this software mature. It might turn out pretty good. It's great you got CSV import working

Blackthorne was getting long in the tooth and every time I did something, I kept getting more and more errors just for normal operations. Plus it's married to the hip to eBay (by virtue of being owned by them) so it's rather limited.

But right now I'm with Linnworks and pretty happy. One thing you guys can improve to make it clear what channels you have right on your homepage. I think it's misleading to say "multichannel" and be only eBay right now and the info is nearly impossible to find in the sales information, having to go into the forums to find that out. I realize that you guys intend to be multichannel "soon" but that doesn't help the people buying into it now.

[Last edited: 19 Jun 2011]
Supplier
SixBit Software
Kudos: 71
20 Jun 2011
tkop,

Thanks for the suggestion. I've modified the home page and products page to make our future plans clearer. We are just about ready to go into beta with our bidStart integration, and that will be followed by Etsy and Amazon later in the year.

Xpress Lister
2nd Office
ChannelAdvisor
XSellco