Gavelthief - Waste of time

Poster
ekrabappel
Kudos: 15
Gavelthief - Waste of time
18 Jan 2011
I downloaded the beta version of GavelThief about 9 months ago and it was pretty good until the beginning of 2011. I went to place a snipe but was informed "License has expired". I thought maybe new version was available but no. Even tried purchasing an account but was told user already exists. Well yeah, that's me you idiots. Tried emailing support and received e-mail with ticket number saying they will get in touch within 24hrs. To date - nothing, zero. Online support? Forget it. Always offline. I have now lost three snipe auctions thanks to Gavelthief and now leave it de-activated. In short, thier customer support is **** and I wouldn't give them the steam of my piss and neither should you. Spend your hard earned dollars somewhere else.
Supplier
prestonlanier@gavelthief.com United States
GavelThief
Kudos: 35
Re: Gavelthief - Waste of time
18 Jan 2011
Please see this thread: www.webretailer.com/forum/1362...-not-activate-anyone-else-.asp

The original developers have reacquired the GavelThief project and are in the process of getting everything back on track.
Canada Canada
darrell
Kudos: 30
25 Feb 2011
Same problem with me [after I bought the licence]

Just sent another email to you [preston] after having given up ...make it right please ... you have my fee...I have no GT

Darrell
Canada Canada
darrell
25 Feb 2011
Preston got back to me right away and I reinstalled GT with my licence # and so far all is well.

Which makes me very happy since I found it to be a great service.

I will keep anyone who is interested posted and share a strange bide-o-matic problem I had in another post [just in case].

Darrell
Canada Canada
darrell
7 Mar 2011
Well its a little over a week since it was reinstalled and it worked once, but just now I watched in horror as I lost something I really wanted. I heard the cocked gun sound at 10 seconds then nothing.

All GT reported was "unknown Error".

I'm not sure I trust any of these programs anymore ... I may just go back to manual sniping. That never failed.

Any ideas what might have gone wrong Preston?

World First
Seller Dynamics
ReplyManager
Sellware