Big Commerce?
Closed

Poster
newbie123
Kudos: 80
Big Commerce?
22 Mar 2011
Has anyone used Big Commerce? I have not, but they say they integrate with ebay. Am looking for a ebay and e-commerce store solution. Strongly considering this over inkFrog/highwire due to the poor functionality of the cart, and a lot of bad seo stuff.

Why isn't this listed here?
Herts, England United Kingdom
Andy
Kudos: 11,623
Re: Big Commerce?
22 Mar 2011
Hi, thanks for the info. Big Commerce is now scheduled for addition to the directory.
Andy Geldman, Web Retailer
Please follow on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn or Google+
United States United States
newbie123
Kudos: 80
22 Mar 2011
Wow, thanks!
uk United Kingdom
juice
Kudos: 35
2 Apr 2011
My quick Q&A with BigCommerce yesterday via email:

---------------------------------------------------------------

I understang that I can sell bigcommerce inventory on Ebay.

1.Can I have a single inventory for skuX which changes with a sale on either channel?

2. If I sell 1 of skuX via Bigcommerce, will the inventory setting within ebay be updated to prevent me overselling ?

This thread seems to suggest syncing is not working perfectly: forum.bigcommerce.com/f8/ebay-feature--272/?highlight=ebay

---------------------------------------------------------------

In regards to your inquiries:

1.Can I have a single inventory for skuX which changes with a sale on either channel?

No, this is not possible.

2. If I sell 1 of skuX via Bigcommerce, will the inventory setting within ebay be updated to prevent me overselling ?

No. The inventory is updated in BigCommerce when purchase has been finalized in Ebay. However, there is not an update in Ebay when there is a purchase in BigCommerce.

The ebay integration feature is more of an enhancement/support tool for our clients. It is not intended to replace ebay listers.
Seller on ebay.co.uk and amazon uk. Looking for cart and multichannel solution.
Midlothian, VA United States
Jax Music Supply
Kudos: 2,361
2 Apr 2011
Yes, I too found their eBay integration pretty useless. I was really impressed with their software (I tried it) and all the easy videos but was let down on the integration. We are in the middle of a Volusion implementation. So far, so good. Easy to use, pretty good training videos and information. The big plus is the API they offer. If you are a programmer (hire a consultant if you are not), you can use their API to synch inventory across platforms. The only other option is to use Channel Advisor which I found lacking and very expensive for what you get.

Xpress Lister
2nd Office
ChannelAdvisor
XSellco