What's hot on eBay?

Poster
Anonymous
Kudos: 155
What's hot on eBay?
12 Nov 2004
I do pay-per-click search marketing. I have not found ebay to be profitable for paid search. That is, my relationship is with ebay. I make money only when someone signs up for the first time to use ebay.

Ebay will send me long lists of their products by category. But these include too much dross products which eat up my margin.

I'm thinking that the only way to work profitably with ebay is to get a short list of products that have the very highest number of bids. Say a total of 1000 products out of the very big ebay database.

This would involve sorting for category 4 products in the superhot groups. And then pulling up the keywords that people used to arrive at these products.

Are there tools to do that. How much will it cost me.
This question was originally received by email and has been edited for the forum
Herts, England United Kingdom
Andy
Kudos: 11,623
Re: What's hot on eBay?
12 Apr 2005
A couple of tools supply this kind of information - Hot Item Finder and AuctionWatcher.

But much of what they have is also available for free from the likes of eBay Pulse and Seller Central.

Terapeak's buying tool also has average historical prices for free.

[Last edited: 3 Sep 2007]
Andy Geldman, Web Retailer
Please follow on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn or Google+
Herts, England United Kingdom
Andy
Kudos: 11,623
11 Jul 2005
Here are a couple more eBay resources for "what's hot":

Popular Products (categorized into DVDs, CDs, 4 types of books, audiobooks, video games, VHS, cellphones, golfclubs, and cameras)

Common Keywords - very detailed lists of search words and phrases

eBay UK sellers see What's Hot on eBay - UK Links.

[Last edited: 3 Sep 2007]
Andy Geldman, Web Retailer
Please follow on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn or Google+
Supplier
United Kingdom United Kingdom
ebayLover
Kudos: 120
20 Jul 2007
yes I use Auction Watcher and that's the only tool for me - it is so quick and easy to find hot items through it :-)

StoreFeeder
World First
Seller Dynamics
ReplyManager