Gavelthief - Unable to parse title + unable to add auctions

Poster
renthard
Kudos: 25
Gavelthief - Unable to parse title + unable to add auctions
11 Apr 2011
Preston and others,

I recently bought a serial for I thought the error following below was due to the beta-period being over. It wasn't. I reported the problem to you through a ticket but now am claiming back my $19,95 through Paypal.

What has happenend?
After using GavelThief succesfully in the past I recently started using it again.
After two weeks suddenly all auctions I was following, stated 'unable to parse title' and all new auctions I try to add now fail!
Gavelthief reports the auction period is over when it hasn't. Importing them from the Ebay watchlist doens't work either.

[img]http://img812.imageshack.us/img812/5636/gavelthieferror.jpg[/img]

I tried de-installing (and removing folders) and re-installing, used three different PC's with WinXP SP3 and Win7, added port 2456 in NAT, checked firewall settings etc etc. I'm at a loss.

Help me please or opt for the refund.
Supplier
United States
myibay.com
Kudos: 229
Re: Gavelthief - Unable to parse title + unable to add aucti
11 Apr 2011
Not sure if their support reads this forum on daily basis, so you may want to either contact them directly. Or just use another sniper. Or both.
Their forum at forum.GavelThief.com is down for some reasons.

More on the topic: I think this is not your PC's issue, their software needs some update.

[Last edited: 11 Apr 2011]
Australia Australia
racman
Kudos: 20
13 Apr 2011
Yep have same problem. Program worked for about 2 weeks then the same symptoms. So thought it was related to the expired beta license. Purchased new license and enter the ID. Didnt fix the problem.

Logged a support call from website. Got auto noreply email back saying that you should hear from a support person within the next 2-4 hours. That was 2 days ago.

Tried sending email directly to
support@GavelThief.com as per the info email that is sent as part of the new license. Email account bounces.
Have now sent it to
staff@gavelthief.com this email is now being rejected by remote server.
Have also tried
prestonlanier@gavelthief.com this one hasnt bounced yet.

So lets see what happens.

Agree its doesnt seem to be a local PC issue. Looks like either all accounts are locked at the Gavel server level. Creating a new ebay account and using the beta will confirm this...will let you know if this works...
Netherlands Netherlands
renthard
13 Apr 2011
Good to know, thnx

I already created a new Ebay account, didn't do the trick

Make a claim through Paypal, together we stand stronger
Australia Australia
racman
Kudos: 20
13 Apr 2011
Damn setting up another ebay account is not that simple... Thansk for the heads up on it not working.

Agree on the paypal dispute process.

Has anyone found an alternate? I liked it when it was working and I even found that it worked on a 3G connection, just had to add a few more seconds to the lead time!.
Supplier
United States
myibay.com
Kudos: 229
13 Apr 2011
racman,
As an owner of another sniper, I can suggest to check out www.myibidder.com as an alternative (also known as myibay.com).

Please note that it's a server-based sniper (you don't need to add a few seconds to compensate your 3G connection anymore).
The service is free (accessed through Web-based interface).

If you are on Windows and would like to have the Windows client application similar to the sniper you used, feel free to download it at www.myibidder.com/download/
And as a bonus: since you paid for the other sniping software and it did not work, I'd like to offer you a free registration key for the Windows application to keep you happy with eBaying and sniping.
Just use the following promo code on download / BuyNow page: AuctionSoftwareReview2011

If you are on Android, there is a free Android client for it too. Search for "Myibidder" on Android Market.

[Last edited: 13 Apr 2011]
United States United States
realpcola
Kudos: 15
15 Apr 2011
I am VERY displeased with this product. I used it for over a year without a problem and then when I actually bought the license.... it ALL went downhill. I cannot import ANY auctions and customer service is a definite no show. I've lost numerous auctions because of the inopertive programming and the delinquent support.
I had to enter a claim with PayPal just to get my license activated and I guess I'll have to enter another to get response.
Count me dissapointed
RP
United States United States
jako
16 Apr 2011
I've had pretty much the same experience that others have described here - GavelThief suddenly stopped functioning, cannot parse auction title and cannot add any new auctions. Inquiries to support went unanswered except for a useless auto-reply. Apparently this company is now defunct. In any case the product is unreliable and unsupported. At least I was not a paid user, just testing beta software. Since when did companies start selling beta software anyway?
United Kingdom United Kingdom
0774don
18 Apr 2011
I've had all the same issues with this software, and despite numerous mails have never received anything other than the automated reply.
Additionally, although i have paid for a licence, I have never in fact received a serial, a key, or even an acknowledgement from these crooks. Just count the posts on this thread, there's $200 gone to keep the wolf from their door!
The unfortunate thing is that when it's working, the software is generally very good.
Netherlands Netherlands
renthard
27 Apr 2011
well PayPal closed the claim and states it cannot refund ...

So, 20 bucks down the drain and non-working software.

Boohoo, last time I'll ever chip in on developing software. Back to usenet.

Selro
StoreFeeder
World First
Seller Dynamics