Stamps.com Launches Ver 8.9 - Adds Regional Rates Boxes

Poster
Los Angeles, CA United States
Stamps.com
Kudos: 45
Stamps.com Launches Ver 8.9 - Adds Regional Rates Boxes
6 Jun 2011
Stamps.com has just launched Version 8.9 of our mailing and shipping software. New features of Version 8.9 include:

Addition of Priority Mail Regional Rate Boxes
Stamps.com Version 8.9 offers customers the ability to print shipping labels for Priority Mail Regional Rate Box A and Box B. Regional Rate Boxes are a great way for package shippers to lower their costs when shipping short distances.

APO/FPO Customs Form Support
Version 8.9 now offers the ability to electronically complete and print USPS Customs Forms when printing postage for all applicable military addresses (APO/FPO) and US Territories. Once a military or US Territory address is inputted into the address field, Stamps.com will automatically detect the military address and will provide a Customs Form to complete when the shipping label is printed.

Avery 5160 and Avery 5164 Labels Support
Stamps.com now supports the ability to print postage onto an Avery 5160 and 5164 labels. These are the two most popular labels Avery sells and small businesses will now be able to easily print postage for envelopes and letters.

Customers of Stamps.com can download the new version for free at www.stamps.com/download/

Let me know if you have any questions.
Thanks!
Eric
Stamps.com
United States United States
smkcpa
Kudos: 35
Re: Stamps.com Launches Ver 8.9 - Adds Regional Rates Boxes
24 Jun 2011
I have installed the new Stamps.com software update. I want to print postage on Avery 5160 labels, but I can't seem to find any place within the software that will allow me to do that.

What am I missing?
Supplier
Stamps.com
24 Jun 2011
Hi smkcpa,

Since Avery has many different names and product numbers for the 5160 label (based on the type of printer that is used -- example: inkjet or laser), we did not include the "5160" number.

In the "Printing On" field, you should see an option called "Label - Avery - 1 x 2 5/8 - 30 per page" in the drop down field.

This is the Avery 5160 label.

Note: You must have Version 8.9 in order to see this option.
Let me know if you have any questions.
Thanks!
Eric
Stamps.com
smkcpa
24 Jun 2011
That solved the mystery - Thanks.

Is there a way to print a whole sheet of stamps on the 5160 label?
Supplier
Stamps.com
24 Jun 2011
Hi smkcpa,

Unfortunately, there is not an option to print multiple labels at this time.

When printing on the Avery 5160 label, the software requires you to print the delivery address at the same time.

Due to that requirement, only one address/label at a time can be printed.

Thanks!
Eric
Stamps.com
smkcpa
24 Jun 2011
I understand - it would be nice if there were a batch mode, so I could enter up to 15 addresses and then print the whole sheet at once.

Running 1 set at a time gets messy, because each time I run the sheet through the printer, the page gets darker from the toner on the drum.
Supplier
Stamps.com
24 Jun 2011
Yes, the toner issue does make sense. Let me suggest the batch idea to our Development team.

Thanks for the great suggestion.
Eric
Stamps.com
smkcpa
24 Jun 2011
I look forward to the possible addition of batch mode. Thanks for your prompt responses.
Supplier
Stamps.com
24 Jun 2011
Good news smkcpa,

I just talked to the Dev team and they said you CAN print multiple entries on the 5160 label. But the addresses need to be in your address book.

To do this, you would just place a check mark next to up to 15 addresses from your address book. (Will print 15 addresses and 15 postage labels).

Hope this helps!
Thanks!
Eric
Stamps.com
smkcpa
25 Jun 2011
Excellent!!!

Thanks for the quick solution.

ChannelAdvisor