Closed

Poster
Cambridgeshire United Kingdom
CCs
Kudos: 25
Amazon repricing software - my experiences and help please
29 Sep 2011
Hi,

I know this subject has been hammered to death over the years but I thought it might be useful to start a new thread in the hope of finding a better repricing solution.

My story: After using the same (basis - desktop based) repricing software for the past year I need to make the change to a better/bigger and hopefully, a more reliable system and would appreciate your comments on who you think I should approach next. I've deliberately not mentioned the name of my existing software as I believe they are about to fold due to developer issues!

In brief I have 3000+ products, use Packing Partner to collate picking lists and invoices (which is brilliant) and use the 'SKU' section on Amazon to identify my locations otherwise it would be hell finding the correct products.

In the past year I've tried two other software solutions without success and have detailed below my experiences which I hope you find useful:

1. In November 2010 I contacted Paul at ChannelMAX after trialling their repricing software which I believe is very user-friendly and priced about right compared to its competitors but where it all fell apart was when (prior to the initial set up) I asked Paul for a number of bespoke re-pricing requests and Paul said all would be done and, ok when I went live. So, after several more emails I transferred my stock only to find my requests had not been done and getting hold of Paul to address the issues was a nightmare. My pricing went all wrong and eventually I had no option but to switch Channelmax off and revert back to my old software. A real shame as I think Paul has a good product but, when it came to customer service/communication I lost all confidence. Paul - if you read this and believe you have resolved your customer service issues I'd like to hear from you.

2. In May 2011 I contacted Seller Express, a great piece of software and excellent customer service from all their team. I trialled their software and really like it's functionality however, this went wrong when they downloaded my stock on to their systems and this resulted in my important SKU data which identifies my product locations being removed from my picking lists/invoices and this caused absolute chaos for my team.

Unbeknown to me Seller Express utilises Amazon's 'SKU' section for their own use to liaise with Amazon and this was not highlighted during the trial however, within a day they resolved the issue by transferring my SKU location data to my inventory file but the picking/packing process proved too difficult to deal with and I had to revert back to my original software again. I must say the team at Seller Express are very professional and reacted very well to the issues and I hope to deal them again when their software and my existing set up can work together.

Hopefully you've found the above information helpful and any advice you have regarding a suitable and cost-effective re-pricing tool would be very much appreciated.

Thanks
Supplier
United States United States
Appeagle
Kudos: 31
Re: Amazon repricing software - my experiences and help plea
12 Oct 2011
Hi,

I would love the opportunity to walk you through Appeagle and get a better understanding of your needs. Please feel free to email us: support@appeagle.com and check out our website: www.appeagle.com/
Supplier
ChannelMAX
Kudos: 253
2 Nov 2011
Sorry for not communicating as needed, please feel free to contact us again and this time I assure you full assistance, also via Skype at "ChannelMAX".

Recent Amazon PA-API change was massive and glad to work thru it ..

Thanks
Paul
Please check us at Amazon's solution directory
aws.amazon.com/customerapps/Amazon-Sellers/838

[Last edited: 3 Nov 2011]
Supplier
ChannelMAX
Kudos: 253
3 Nov 2011
I appreciate this feedback, and (even if don't remember the detail and your CMax login) surely own up any difficulty you had. I would also like to work with you again and hope that this time its a better experience.

1. In November 2010 I contacted Paul at ChannelMAX after trialling their repricing software which I believe is very user-friendly and priced about right compared to its competitors but where it all fell apart was when (prior to the initial set up) I asked Paul for a number of bespoke re-pricing requests and Paul said all would be done and, ok when I went live. So, after several more emails I transferred my stock only to find my requests had not been done and getting hold of Paul to address the issues was a nightmare. My pricing went all wrong and eventually I had no option but to switch Channelmax off and revert back to my old software. A real shame as I think Paul has a good product but, when it came to customer service/communication I lost all confidence. Paul - if you read this and believe you have resolved your customer service issues I'd like to hear from you.
dmreed4311
Kudos: 35
9 Nov 2011
Being new to running my ebay store i would like to know more about these repricing software products , what are the top brands?
Carpet Doctor inc.
Carpet Cleaning Brandon Fl
Canada Canada
petefrederick
Kudos: 38
17 Nov 2011
I read that Appeagle is really good software. I have not started a store on eBay as of yet, but am considering it. The only thing about eBay is if someone is ticked off at you for something out of your control they can give you a bad review and your ranking can be effected quite easily.
Pete

[Last edited: 17 Nov 2011]
"Best Plumber in Town" - Call Chilliwack Plumbing
Herts, England United Kingdom
Andy
Kudos: 11,616
19 Nov 2011

dmreed4311 wrote:

Being new to running my ebay store i would like to know more about these repricing software products , what are the top brands?
So you can more easily find repricing software a new category has been added to the directory: Marketplace Product Repricing

[Last edited: 12 Jul 2012]
Andy Geldman, Web Retailer
Please follow on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn or Google+
Arisona United States
williamjturner
Kudos: 38
27 Nov 2011
Thanks Andy I will take a look at that as well. I am more into doing Amazon than Ebay though.
dancin dogg

Best,
William

StoreFeeder
World First
Seller Dynamics
ReplyManager