Inventory and stock control

Poster
AngelaM
Kudos: 70
Inventory and stock control
15 Jan 2012
I am an e-seller with 95% of my business from e-bay and rest coming from my own small website. I am about to start trading on Amazon so need to get myself some kind of Stock Management in place. Anyone with experience of Channel Grabber ?
I am not happy with the reviews for Seller pro and Linnworks so any recommendations would be appreciated!
Midlothian, VA United States
Jax Music Supply
Kudos: 2,387
Re: Inventory and stock control
21 Jan 2012
Hi Angela. We sell on multiple marketplaces ourselves. We found that almost all the channel management software had severe drawbacks. We tried Zoovy and Channel Advisor. Zoovy was a disaster from a technical standpoint. They even managed to send emails to my customers a year after I cancelled them telling them that their items would were being shipped. Channel Advisor is just very expensive and their service is horrible. If something goes wrong you cannot even call them. We evaluated a lot of others and ended up writing our own system. All of the commercial apps wanted a percentage of sales - ridiculous since they are not adding any sales value. Best, Jack
Supplier
United States United States
Brightpearl
Kudos: 125
14 Feb 2012
Hi Angela, Brightpearl can do the ebay and webstore piece for you today? Brightpearl synchronises your stock across your multiple sales channels and integrates with other business functions such as sales order processing, CRM and even accounting for instant profit and loss of products etc. Through the CRM element you can continually market to your customers to grow loyalty and secure ongoing revenue. Find out more at www.brightpearl.co.uk
Supplier
chris@sellerexpress.com United Kingdom
SellerExpress
Kudos: 250
15 Feb 2012
Hi Angela, have you considered SellerExpress?

SellerExpress is a Multi Channel Sales & Stock Control Software which also includes detailed Order Management Software for seven marketplaces including Amazon UK, US, DE, FR and Play.com. I understand you need eBay, which is why we are currently in the final stages of testing eBay as our 8th marketplace. It will be launched in March but why not sign up for our free 30 day trial for Amazon and add eBay when it’s launched next month?

Our friendly support staff offer a free managed setup to make it all the easier to get up and running. Get more information or sign up for your free trial on our website

www.sellerexpress.com/category/tour/

[Last edited: 15 Feb 2012]
SellerExpress helps you manage your inventory,
sales, pricing and orders on eBay, Amazon,
Rakuten and webstores.
Demo available
www.sellerexpress.com
United Kingdom United Kingdom
JamieHaycock
Kudos: 20
1 Mar 2012
Hey Angela,

I use ChannelAdvisor and they are very good but we have a revenue of £5m + so it may not be suitable for everyone as it gets quite expensive.

I have used SellerExpress before and I would really not recommend them, their support isn't very good and the software is very bugged and takes a long time for anything to be fixed.

I have looked at Brightpearl but it seems like it's trying to be too much and I didn't like that I could never speak to anyone in the UK, I think they have a lot of staff based in India, not that it bothers me where they are it's just the English is really awkward to read and understand.

I have just had a look at Channel Grabber though and they look very similar to ChannelAdvisor but perhaps a bit simpler to use and their price is a lot more appealing!

Hopefully my unbiased opinions will help you a bit rather than the vultures trying to advertise themselves.

Happy selling xx
Supplier
chris@sellerexpress.com United Kingdom
SellerExpress
Kudos: 250
2 Mar 2012
Hi Jamie

Brendan here, I am CEO at SellerExpress.

We have checked our systems and we cannot find any record of Jamie Haycock as a SellerExpress customer. If you are able to provide the email address you used when you say you were a SellerExpress customer I would be very keen to investigate your claims.

We have put support at the forefront of our offering at SellerExpress and to date we are very proud of the fact that we do not have any customer complaints on record about our support.

We also understand that this software is mission critical for our customers and hence we have comprehensive testing procedures to ensure that all new releases are as bug free as possible. This is this first time we have heard anyone complain about our software as having bugs.

We offer our customers a 30 day free trial including free managed set-up by a dedicated account manager so customers can try before they buy.

Our customers are the lifeblood of our business and we continue to listen to requests for new developments. With this in mind we are doing a full release of our eBay integration next week. We will also be making a couple of exciting annoucements over the next month about new developments coming in 2012.

Finally, we will be exhibiting at the Internet Retailing Expo at the NEC on 21st and 22nd March- so please feel free to swing by for a SellerExpress demo or just to say Hello.

Have a great weekend.

Best regards

Brendan

[Last edited: 2 Mar 2012]
SellerExpress helps you manage your inventory,
sales, pricing and orders on eBay, Amazon,
Rakuten and webstores.
Demo available
www.sellerexpress.com
JamieHaycock
Kudos: 20
2 Mar 2012
Hey Brendan,

Too little too late I am afraid. Had you put this much effort in when I was a customer then I would still have been with you.

Perhaps you have changed since I used you as you seem more proactive now, I wish I had been this publicly critical earlier as to actually receive a response.

Kind regards,

Jamie
eamali
Kudos: 15
22 Mar 2012
I use Linnworks. It has a bit of learning curve. But once you get the hangs of it, it is the best. However, there are a lot of guides on the web giving excellence tutorials on the basic questions that every newbie has with linnworks, so this learning curve should not be much of a problem.

Most of the other stock control systems are web based and it tends to slow things up, but with linnworks you download a software and works from there.

Have a second look at linnworks and be ready to put in a little bit of effort in the beginning and you should be fine.

[Last edited: 22 Mar 2012]
Supplier
United States United States
Brightpearl
Kudos: 125
22 Mar 2012
Hey Jamie, Brightpearl is based in Bristol, UK, we have no one in India!

We'd be delighted to talk to you about our software and for you to take out a trial. Our software does do a lot, that's the point, but doing it all it means all aspects of your business are in sync with no manual processes or duplicate data entry points. www.brightpearl.co.uk
Supplier
Israel Israel
3DSellers
Kudos: 69
23 Mar 2012
Hi Angela,

I don't know if you checked ExportYourStore.com

They offer export service of current eBay items to Amazon.

Another service they have is Inventory synchronization system which keep your eBay and Amazon stock synchronized(If something is sold on Amazon it is taken off eBay and vice versa, if something is added on eBay it will be automatically exported to Amazon).

The big advantage is that everything is seamless behind the scenes and you can just continue manage your store on eBay as you used to do, their system will take care of the rest.

Hope that helps.

ReplyManager
Sellware
Ad-Lister
Xpress Lister