Has anyone heard of imOnline?

Poster
Message
alongtimepoweruser
Kudos: 298
Joined: Dec 10, 2011
Has anyone heard of imOnline?
13 Feb 2012
imOnline seems to have a slick website (www.imonlinegroup.com/), though there seems to be very little information about them. They promise the world, which makes me a bit wary. Does anyone have any news? Perhaps a review in the Directory section one day?

Thanks in advance!
Herts, England United Kingdom
Andy
Kudos: 11,619
Joined: Jan 1, 2001
Re: Has anyone heard of imOnline?
13 Feb 2012
Many of their case study clients are based in Israel, so they be much more established there than in the UK/US.
Andy Geldman, Web Retailer
Please follow on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn or Google+
alongtimepoweruser
Kudos: 298
Joined: Dec 10, 2011
Re: Has anyone heard of imOnline?
14 Feb 2012

Andy wrote:

Many of their case study clients are based in Israel, so they be much more established there than in the UK/US.
I've just found out from them that their prices start at US$2,000 per month and their one time fee for a website setup is between US$8,000 - US$10,000!
Herts, England United Kingdom
Andy
Kudos: 11,619
Joined: Jan 1, 2001
Re: Has anyone heard of imOnline?
14 Feb 2012
Thanks for the info. The prices don't surprise me much, their clients look like medium to large scale online retailers who would want bespoke development and consulting.

Their "marketplaces" (eBay/Amazon etc.) service looks targeted more to existing retailers wanting to expand (often to liquidate stock), rather than those who start out on those venues. They are quite different markets, and there isn't a great deal of crossover in suppliers.
Andy Geldman, Web Retailer
Please follow on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn or Google+
alongtimepoweruser
Kudos: 298
Joined: Dec 10, 2011
Re: Has anyone heard of imOnline?
14 Feb 2012
It's a sound (if risky) business model, but its hard for the up and comer. The choices one has become quite constrained if you're growing and want to list on multiple ebay and Amzaon channels (.de, .com, etc). I was considering Linnworks since Channel Advisor are a bit pricey, fortunately I have a web designer. Vendio would be good, but they only support the US market places.

Any suggestions?

Great website, BTW!
Herts, England United Kingdom
Andy
Kudos: 11,619
Joined: Jan 1, 2001
Re: Has anyone heard of imOnline?
15 Feb 2012
Yes, it's tough to find a supplier that meets every requirement at a good price. It might help to break down what you want into realistic must-haves and nice-to-haves to give you a better chance of finding a fit.

Try the Directory Power Search to narrow down suppliers into those that support specific marketplaces, for example here is the software with support for Amazon.de.
Andy Geldman, Web Retailer
Please follow on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn or Google+
Supplier
chris@sellerexpress.com United Kingdom
SellerExpress
Kudos: 250
Joined: Dec 14, 2010
Re: Has anyone heard of imOnline?
15 Feb 2012

alongtimepoweruser wrote:

It's a sound (if risky) business model, but its hard for the up and comer. The choices one has become quite constrained if you're growing and want to list on multiple ebay and Amzaon channels (.de, .com, etc). I was considering Linnworks since Channel Advisor are a bit pricey, fortunately I have a web designer. Vendio would be good, but they only support the US market places.

Any suggestions?

Great website, BTW!
Hi, looks to me like SellerExpress would be perfect for you. We offer Multi Channel Sales & Stock Control Software which also includes detailed Order Management Software for seven marketplaces including Amazon UK, US, DE, FR and Play.com. Our new eBay marketplace is in the final stages of testing and will launch March!

We offer a 30 day free trial and managed setup to make the transition seamless. Why not pop over to our website and have a more detailed look?

www.sellerexpress.com/category/tour/

[Last edited: 15 Feb 2012]
SellerExpress helps you manage your inventory,
sales, pricing and orders on eBay, Amazon,
Rakuten and webstores.
Demo available
www.sellerexpress.com
alongtimepoweruser
Kudos: 298
Joined: Dec 10, 2011
Re: Has anyone heard of imOnline?
18 Feb 2012

Andy wrote:

Yes, it's tough to find a supplier that meets every requirement at a good price. It might help to break down what you want into realistic must-haves and nice-to-haves to give you a better chance of finding a fit.

Try the Directory Power Search to narrow down suppliers into those that support specific marketplaces, for example here is the software with support for Amazon.de.
Thanks for your help! Very kind of you. The problem is knowing the real capabilities and professionalism of the service providers. The user reviews help a great deal, but the expectations of some users can also be a bit unrealistic which may skewer their reviews and professional reviews are hard to come by. So, its all a bit hit-and-miss. Vendio seems good for now, though you must have a web designer for it to be useful, also, it doesn't offer support for international marketplace sites. So the search continues...
alongtimepoweruser
Kudos: 298
Joined: Dec 10, 2011
Re: Has anyone heard of imOnline?
18 Feb 2012

SellerExpress wrote:

alongtimepoweruser wrote:

It's a sound (if risky) business model, but its hard for the up and comer. The choices one has become quite constrained if you're growing and want to list on multiple ebay and Amzaon channels (.de, .com, etc). I was considering Linnworks since Channel Advisor are a bit pricey, fortunately I have a web designer. Vendio would be good, but they only support the US market places.

Any suggestions?

Great website, BTW!
Hi, looks to me like SellerExpress would be perfect for you. We offer Multi Channel Sales & Stock Control Software which also includes detailed Order Management Software for seven marketplaces including Amazon UK, US, DE, FR and Play.com. Our new eBay marketplace is in the final stages of testing and will launch March!

We offer a 30 day free trial and managed setup to make the transition seamless. Why not pop over to our website and have a more detailed look?

www.sellerexpress.com/category/tour/
Thanks, but without full support for all eBay sites, I'm afraid I'll have to wait. Do you have a concrete ETA when eBay.com and eBay.de will be supported?
Supplier
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Lucid Interactive
Kudos: 35
Joined: Oct 3, 2007
Re: Has anyone heard of imOnline?
19 Feb 2012
Thanks for the feedback- eBay.com and .de are high on our development roadmap, but we do not have ETA for these just yet. We'll make sure to announce on ASR when complete.
All the best in the meantime.
Regards
Brendan
Supplier
United States United States
Brightpearl
Kudos: 125
Joined: Feb 2, 2012
Re: Has anyone heard of imOnline?
22 Feb 2012
Hi there,

Brightpearl has eBay integration and therefore may be a tool that could work for your business. It includes stock control, sales order processing, CRM and accounting functionality to help you run your retail business.

Do you just sell on eBay or through a website as well? If so Brightpearl can help keep your stock in sync across both channels.

You can try the software for free too (30 day free trial) sign up online via www.brightpearl.co.uk or join a webinar and see it in action www.brightpearl.co.uk/resources/webinars

Let us know if you need any more help or guidance?
Harriet

XSellco
Volo
Selro
StoreFeeder