Marketworks - what are the ups and downs?

Poster
Lex Graber
Kudos: 35
Marketworks - what are the ups and downs?
17 May 2005
I am currently not coping very well with the huge growth of our eBay business and am looking to a package for Australia that can manage 2000-10000 auctions per month with minimal hassle. I have narrowed my options to SpoonFeeder or Marketworks (as they are opening an ozzie branch up I am leaning in their direction). I am looking for other powersellers who are using them to find out what their experiences have been. Anyone out there?
Supplier
United Kingdom United Kingdom
sellthemoon
Kudos: 270
Re: Marketworks - what are the ups and downs?
18 May 2005
In my opinion, forget SpoonFeeder - it is a great listing program but appalling for auction management. Marketworks will require a major investment of your time but will ultimately stand a far better chance of fulfilling the criteria you have mentioned. The "ups" are that it is extremely powerful, is hosted and so multi-user and multi-location friendly, and innovative in the opportunities it offers. The "downs" are that the interface needs a complete overhaul in my opinion and it takes some considerable setting up initially. As they also take a percentage of each sale (further adding to your online costs) you obviously need to take this into account too.
Hope this helps!
Australia Australia
Lex Graber
Kudos: 35
18 May 2005
Many thanks for that sellthemoon! How long have you used the product and what were your greatest hurdles? Is it worth the money, are they reliable (servers down often)? What is the responce for multi-user?
Supplier
sellthemoon
Kudos: 270
18 May 2005
I`m currently transferring to Marketworks and so my experience is limited.As with all hosted systems it can suffer from lag. The great benefit is that you can work on it from any computer with `net access, and also 2 or 3 of you could be working on your account at the same time (assuming you have 2 or 3 computers!). It has -in my opinion - a steep learning curve which may put some off. Support is very good here in the UK, Sarah is very helpful! The key for me is that I believe Marketworks offers the most potential of any management program (ebay, yahoo etc already supported, opportunity to create a seperate website, opportunity to submit items to comparison engines such as Kelkoo, etc etc). I`m therefore hoping that the time invested will pay off.
Australia Australia
spehr
Kudos: 15
5 Jul 2006
Hi,
I've just fallen across this forum and work for a company that has facilitated over 100,000 sales using Marketworks and is one of the largest eBay sellers in Australia and the UK.

We are able to give advice on marketworks and would be able to answer any questions you have about marketworks.

If you would like to give us a call on 03 96900321 or mobile 04106654007 and ask for Phil

we are extremely happy with marketworks and would recommend it to ant eBay volume seller.
Lebanon Lebanon
dvdrepublic
Kudos: 25
2 Dec 2006
I wish I caught up with this post a bit earlier -

MW is no good for large inventories - no company can sell 100,000 items with MW and not have any issues and be pleased with it unless that have 10 employees working on MW.

I mean their search in your inventory displays only 2000 items per page, how do you expect a powerseller to operate with that? also their inventory upload, uploads 3000 items at a time, so I guess you can say that 100,000 items to upload would be very interesting.

Anyways those are my 2cents - MW is good for low volume people - and majorly sucks for high volume
United States United States
Seller1
Kudos: 385
27 Dec 2006
I don't know how that's possible. The top ebayer sellers, as far as feedback and inventory, use Marketworks. I think you're missing out on a couple of features and ways to use Marketworks. I don't know of too many adjustments that requre you to see more than 2,000 items up at once. You should try reorganizing how you have your inventory structured with them.
Poppygirl
Kudos: 211
20 Feb 2007
I liked Marketworks as an application but their reliability was just poor, that was about 12 months ago and things change. You won't really find out the downfalls until you go past the 2 week trial period. If you easily confused by applications don't try marketworks!

World First
Seller Dynamics
ReplyManager
Sellware