Is Amazon and Yahoo Stores not a Viable Solutions?

Poster
ydeveloper
Kudos: 30
Is Amazon and Yahoo Stores not a Viable Solutions?
11 Apr 2013
I am curious about both Amazon Webstore and Yahoo Stores.

I am a start-up business, and am trying to choose the correct shopping cart.

There have been alot of negative comments here about both Amazon Webstore and Yahoo Stores, frequent comments that "if you want to run a real business" these are not good alternatives.

From a business standpoint, would it not make sense to use one of these initially, to see how it goes, and then "upgrade"? Or is that asking for trouble?

I well understand the limitations of these 2 solutions, however, I also can see the advantages of having a "turnkey" solution when just starting out.

My aesthetic sense tells me to do it right the first time, and grin and bear the cost, and my business head says keep costs low initially until the business grows.

I'd like to know what others think, and others experience with these 2 platforms.

Would also like to know if either of these platforms can handle drop-shipping from multiple vendors.
Supplier
Derry United Kingdom
repricerexpress
Kudos: 185
Re: Is Amazon and Yahoo Stores not a Viable Solutions?
11 Sep 2013
Hi, there's a good article at Shopify: www.shopify.co.uk/blog/6399562...-amazon-and-ebay#axzz2eavFLjV7

It's obviously biased towards setting up a webstore with Shopify initially but it does remind you of the pros and cons.

It all totally depends on what you're selling, if you want to dropship from vendors, use FBA, dispatch yourself, and can trade at a profit within the guidelines of each marketplace.

Being a repricing solution for Amazon sellers, we definitely have many sellers doing great business on Amazon, we have sellers selling across multiple channels like eBay and Play, as well as their own webstores too, but it's down to what's right of your business and its available resources.

I do think selling on multiple marketplaces is a great way of finding out what sells best on each and insuring yourself against sudden changes to any one marketplace's terms and conditions.

Good luck with your search.
Win the Buy Box more often with RepricerExpress Amazon Repricing Software.
Los Angeles United States
InternetMarketingDotNet
Kudos: 215
22 Jul 2014
Yahoo Stores is definitely NOT recommended. They don't work well with many systems, and the designs and UI are terrible.

Amazon is quite a bit better. As an Amazon seller, and someone fairly tech savvy. I had some issues with the bulk impots on Magento, so did an amazon store instead. There were some limitations, and I wouldn't go with it long term, but it's not bad.

If you are serious about your business, would definitely recommend looking at either Shopify, 3dcart or BigCommerce.
Supplier
Marina Del Rey, CA United States
Solid Commerce
Kudos: 250
22 Jul 2014

InternetMarketingDotNet wrote:

Yahoo Stores is definitely NOT recommended. They don't work well with many systems, and the designs and UI are terrible.

Amazon is quite a bit better. As an Amazon seller, and someone fairly tech savvy. I had some issues with the bulk impots on Magento, so did an amazon store instead. There were some limitations, and I wouldn't go with it long term, but it's not bad.

If you are serious about your business, would definitely recommend looking at either Shopify, 3dcart or BigCommerce.
Seconded.

Amazon is a huge presence in the online retail space. One of the most direct advantages that comes with using their platform as you sell online is that they put built-in traffic in front of your inventory. And a lot of it. Their webstore allows you to easily list on Amazon, while also maintaining a branded environment on your own webstore.

Ad-Lister
Xpress Lister
2nd Office
ChannelAdvisor