New software soon to be released, how to promote?

Poster
United States United States
JPS
Kudos: 20
New software soon to be released, how to promote?
12 Jun 2013
I am a software developer nearing completion on some eBay listing editing software. I am still in the process of increasing my call limits with eBay and getting the kinks ironed out, however the solution is live and usable presently.

www.simplyscalableinc.com/

Please check it out and let me know what you think. A feedback form of some sort is an apparent must have. Things like that go unnoticed yet the majority of the coding work has been completed.

Other than crossing the obvious hurdles (call limits, performance tuning, etc), how should I go about making the solution apparent to interested users? I am doing some SEO homework and trying to start the marketing campaign myself but any pointers would be greatly appreciated. My marketing hat doesn't fit well at all...

[Last edited by moderator: Fixed link — 14 Jun 2013]
blastoff
Kudos: 26
Re: New software soon to be released, how to promote?
13 Jun 2013
My sign up failed (error messages appeared), and now it says my username is taken?
Do you have a contact to straighten this out? I'd like to see your product and try it.
JPS
JPS
Kudos: 20
13 Jun 2013
Deploying a new version with better DB connection management, sorry! I probably restarted it right when you were connecting. I see your user in the database. I'll resend the temp password via email. Please try again, it's back up.
Herts, England United Kingdom
Andy
Kudos: 11,623
21 Aug 2013

JPS wrote:

...how should I go about making the solution apparent to interested users? I am doing some SEO homework and trying to start the marketing campaign myself but any pointers would be greatly appreciated. My marketing hat doesn't fit well at all...
Hi JPS, it's really tough to get users aware of your product, and trust you enough to even take a free trial. I'd recommend getting out and talking to as many potential users face-to-face as possible, perhaps at local meetups or other user groups? That will help you refine what you are doing and decide exactly how you can position it to get a wider audience interested.
Andy Geldman, Web Retailer
Please follow on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn or Google+

Volo
Selro
StoreFeeder
World First