Is Facebook worth doing?

Poster
Sam1221
Kudos: 43
Is Facebook worth doing?
27 Oct 2013
Hi all, thanks for all the help with my previous post

I've been looking into promoting on social networks recently and have had a little success with Twitter. For a small/medium size seller like me is it worth setting up a Facebook page? I can imagine it taking up a lot of time and don't mind that if it brings in some business, but is it likely? Facebook is more about friends and family so people will ignore anyone trying to sell something won't they?

Thanks
Sam
Supplier
United States United States
Shopseen
Kudos: 30
Re: Is Facebook worth doing?
27 Oct 2013
Hi Sam!

Definitely worth doing as it'll help you build up a community of current customers and potential customers. You can notify them of things such discounts, new products in inventory, and other such news that will help them get back to your store.

Hope that helps!

Regards,
The Shopseen Team
@shopseen
www.shopseen.com/
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Sam1221
Kudos: 43
28 Oct 2013
Thanks for the quick reply!

I think I get it now - it's more of a promotional tool than actually selling on Facebook right?

I heard something a while back about Facebook stores? Is that still around?
Supplier
United States United States
Shopseen
Kudos: 30
28 Oct 2013
Yeah, that's what we've seen work well for businesses. Re-engaging with customers seems to work well to promote your brand and get more "likes" which gets others to check out your storefront (sort of like free marketing).

Though, there are ways that some startups are experimenting with selling directly on Facebook. Haven't heard of anyone using it, so really not sure how useful its been.
Supplier
Israel Israel
StoreYa
Kudos: 25
30 Oct 2013
Hi there!

Hello !

My name is Ido and I work at StoreYa.com as a director of customer success. Our solution is exactly the solution you're looking for according to your questions. You are more than welcome to check out our services. If you have any questions, feel free to email us at emma@storeya.com

Here's some general information about StoreYa -
storeya.zendesk.com/entries/21...o-regarding-StoreYa-s-services

You're welcome to read about our different pricing plans here -
www.storeya.com/public/pricing , all comes with a 14 days free trial period if you'll subscribe to an annual plan.

And this is the link to our FAQ - storeya.zendesk.com/forums/20173047-FAQ-for-Merchants-

Volo
Selro
StoreFeeder
World First