Developer Interviews - MarketBlast

Poster
Andy
Kudos: 11,661
Developer Interviews - MarketBlast
25 Jul 2005
Please post your feedback to the MarketBlast interview here.
Andy Geldman, Web Retailer
Please follow on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn or Google+
United States United States
ocdavi
Kudos: 15
Re: Developer Interviews - MarketBlast
8 Aug 2005
Thanks alot, I cannot mention enough how much this site has helped me!
djaeby
Kudos: 35
7 Sep 2005
MarketBlast cannot combine auctions. It is therefore USELESS to me.
Georgia United States
junebugbooks
Kudos: 140
8 Sep 2005
I bought MarketBlast recently, after reading the interview and trying the trial version. I am sure combining auctions will be possible soon. In the meantime, this is a wonderful piece of software. It has a fairly steep learning curve, and I know I have barely skimmed the surface of what it can do, but the fact that I was able to import my entire 6600 book database into Marketblast and my images files from several different sources, was the one feature that sold me.

For those of you who sell on Amazon.com and have a Pro-merchant account, importing into Marketblast is as easy as ordering an open listings report and then importing into Marketblast. It takes 6 or 7 minutes for my import in (using Windows XP and a fast cable modem connection). For image importing, Marketblast will download directly from a server using ftp. It also uploads to your present server space, as well as flickr.

Posting auctions is lightening fast. I've tried many web-based auction management "solutions" and Marketblast is as fast or faster than most of them.

The price is reasonable. No closings to worry about paying a percentage on. You can make your own custom template and use that (I'm not wild about the included ones, though they do work). Lots of search functions and ways to sort and view and analyze your data.

I know there are things need tp be added and fixed, but I am hooked on Marketblast already and look forward to the upcoming improvements.
Donny Seagraves
Junebug Books
Brendan
Kudos: 55
14 Sep 2005
1.11, which will be released next will support combining invoices plus a few other things.

This is by far the most requested feature we have received so we are happy to deliver it.

Best Regards

Brendan
CEO, 4D (The makers of MarketBlast)
Brendan
28 Sep 2005
Slightly longer than anticipated but MarketBlast 1.11 was released today with the additional feature (among a few) that support combining auctions.

Best Regards

Brendan
thewebenterprise
Kudos: 30
11 Oct 2005
MarketBlast does not have the capability to fill in the item specifics when scheduling a item therefore it is useless to me. I see that they fixed djaeby's problem and would be curious to hear an update if that user is still satisfied.
Brendan
18 Oct 2005
Using Item Specifics with profiles and thereby allowing automated listings with item specifics will be in 1.12.

Best regards

Brendan
CEO 4D, The makers of MarketBlast
Supplier
United Kingdom United Kingdom
sellthemoon
Kudos: 270
19 Oct 2005
At the interview it was stated that MarketBlast would be compatible with eBay UK in a matter of weeks. I appreciate that it is undergoing a rapid development in its` current form, but any news on when this may happen ?
beastman
Kudos: 30
2 Nov 2005
Brendan,

When is 1.12 expected to release?

Also, it is difficult to truly get a feel with the crippled demo. If we purchase the software, can we get a refund if we are unsatisfied after a 30 day trial?

Thanks
Brendan
2 Nov 2005
If everything goes according to plan 1.12 should be released by the end of next week.

With regards to UK support unfortunately we had to put it on the backburner for a little while to make sure that we added some badly needed features (grouping invoices, second category support etc). Hopefully after 1.12 we can publish a roadmap with a commitment on timing for UK support.

Refunds, let me put it simply we don't want any unhappy customers. If a customer doesn't want to use our software within 30 days and we can't satisfy them that we can make them happy in the near future, then I think we should give the customer their money back.

Regards

Brendan
yellowoasis
Kudos: 20
17 Dec 2005
i use hotmail account. i have problems downloading the email from MarketBlast as client. many people use yahoo, msn, or gmail and there's no support for it yet

Sellware
Ad-Lister
Xpress Lister
2nd Office