PriceCheck-Lookup Amazon Pricing for Thousands of UPCs/EANs

Poster
whetzels
Kudos: 20
PriceCheck-Lookup Amazon Pricing for Thousands of UPCs/EANs
13 Jan 2014
See allegracorp.com/Amazon-repricing-upc-dvd.php for more details.
Do you need to analyze price lists from wholesalers/distributors like GENCO?
Do you need to look up Amazon pricing for these lists to make sure you aren't overpaying?
My program, PriceCheck, will read a file containing a list of UPC/EAN codes and return the Amazon pricing such as lowest new, lowest used, sales rank, etc. It processes thousands of UPC/EAN codes per hour. Typically, someone like GENCO provides a list of the products they have for sale. My program will process that list and return lowest new, lowest used, rank, and other information so clients can determine if the products are worth buying. They also use it to justify giving the wholesaler less money.
I originally wrote the program for a guy who bought and sold DVDs. He would get lists of DVDs for sale from wholesalers and use my program to compare the wholesalers price with the Amazon price so he could determine which DVDs were worth buying. What would take him a month to do manually, was done in an hour with PriceCheck.
Others use my program to help reprice their products and make sure their prices are competitive.
I can customize PriceCheck to suite your needs. I can also develop other programs and websites.
Herts, England United Kingdom
Andy
Kudos: 11,626
Re: PriceCheck-Lookup Amazon Pricing for Thousands of UPCs/E
13 Jan 2014
Hi there, this looks interesting.

I see the downloads are labelled as demos, how much does the full version cost?

Also, there's two versions of the program available (Marketplace Web Service and Product Advertising API). What is the reason for that, and what are the advantages and disadvantages of each?

Thanks!
Andy Geldman, Web Retailer
Please follow on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn or Google+
Philippines Philippines
whetzels
Kudos: 20
Re: PriceCheck-Lookup Amazon Pricing for Thousands of UPCs/E
14 Jan 2014
Hello Andy,

Thank you for your interest. The full version costs $199. It is a one time fee. There is no monthly subscription. The program runs on your PC and not on the website. The website version is just for demonstration purposes.

There are 2 versions of the program because MWS did not exist when I wrote the original program. Only the PA API existed back then.

The MWS version is for Amazon FBA (Fulfillment by Amazon) sellers in the AFN (Amazon Fulfillment Network), and Merchant Fulfillment sellers. You must be signed up for MWS. It will identify if you own the Buy Box and what the lowest Buy Box price is for FBA and Merchants.

The PA API version is for everyone else. You do NOT need to be an Amazon FBA seller and you do NOT need to be signed up for MWS. In fact, you don't even have to be an Amazon seller. This version will not tell you if you own the Buy Box, but it will still give the lowest new price, lowest used price, sales rank, etc. The PA API version uses my Amazon AWS keys, but can be modified to use your AWS keys.

In short, if you are signed up for MWS, use the MWS version. If not, use the PA API version.

Again, thank you for your interest. If you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Xpress Lister
2nd Office
ChannelAdvisor
XSellco