Need help finding perfect Auction Management Serv.

Poster
Lalla
Kudos: 55
Need help finding perfect Auction Management Serv.
29 Jul 2005
Ok, I KNOW there aren't any perfect ones out there!
But I need to find something that is as close to what we need as possible!
I spent 2 weeks looking for a service a little while ago and finally ended up with inkFrog, but I'm afraid they just don' t handle things the way that I need them to be handled. I can't even sort my open auctions by number or hits or anything as "simple" as that, which isn't all that important, but I"m just trying to make a point here :. I am constantly having to sign back in again because you can't use back buttons and things like that and the features that I THOUGHT they said they had before I signed up, they do not.
Anyway, here are the features that I'm looking for :
1. MUST be a online service, not software that I download to one computer, we have several and we need to have the same access to ALL info on any of them.
2. Can schedule to list items ahead of time WITHOUT the added eBay fee (eBay is getting enough of my money already!)
3. Lets us offers Priority Shipping as well as most other USPS options to our customers. (apparently SpareDollar doesn't do this)
4. Has SOME global tags, or atleast the Description tag so that I can create my description with TagBot (great litlte tool!!) and then copy and paste into the Description field and have it show up in my pre-designed ad template.
Don't really care too much about the inventory part, because we treat all of our stock as individuals, we just have A LOT and need to be able to save the ads.
5. Must DO invoice combining for customers that bid and win more then one auction or store item!!!
That is my problem with INkFrog at the moment, they told me to combine my customer's purchases, I would have to turn on the InkFrog checkout, but after doing so, I couldn't offer free 1st class shipping for some of my auctions (not all, just some), so I was told that i could either do one or the other, but not both.
Frustrating, I tell ya! Extremely Frustrating!!!!

I'm open to suggestions about services, but please don't post just to tell me why I don't need one of the features that I think I need ...if its on my list, then chances are that I have had a situation that involved that particular feature and I needed it!

Feel free to email me too!
The_LilleyPad@msn.com

Thanks so much!
Lalla
The_LilleyPad
NothingButRomance
Herts, England United Kingdom
Andy
Kudos: 11,631
Re: Need help finding perfect Auction Management S
29 Jul 2005
Hi Lalla, I've had a quick scout around and one service that states it does all of that is Zoovy. Here is their feature list and here is the ASR listing.

Also have a browse through features for ChannelAdvisor Pro. Other likely providers are Marketworks, Vendio and Infopia, but they don't give enough detail publicly to tell if they have everything you need.

By the way, it's not necessary to use an online service just because you have many users. If your computers are on a network, multi-user software will also provide the shared access you need. Take a look at Windows-based consignment tools here. MarketBlast is also a possibility once they release a client-server version.

I hope that helps. Would be great to hear how you get on.
Andy Geldman, Web Retailer
Please follow on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn or Google+
United States United States
Lalla
29 Jul 2005
Hi Andy,
Thank you so much for the suggestions! A few of those I have tried....Marketworks was one of them and for me they were the most complicated of them all and while they do have phone support, it was ONE guy doing all the phone support! LOL! Maybe that has changed, and for their sake, I hope it has, but to me they had alot of unneccessary bells and whistles! I've also used Channel Advisor, which was by far the BEST of them all, but when they changed their pricing to limit how many items CLOSE, not sell, but CLOSE, they lost alot of respect and availability to alot of people. I have emailed them recently to see if they have made in recent changes so hopefully I will hear from them sometime today.
The others that you mentioned, I will definately check into!!! The way of getting around a online service that you mentioned is something I will look into also, but at the current time, I don't think it would work for us since we don't usually have all computer on at the same time because of our weather here and trying to run air conditioners at the same time....we sometimes just have one computer on and then close it to start up another one and I think you have to have atleast the main one on to be able to access the software...but I might be mistaken.
Thank you so much again for your suggestions! I will keep you posted on what I find out.
Take Care,
Lalla
The_Lilleypad
United States United States
Lalla
29 Jul 2005
Just a quick note... I tried to email Zoovy to ask a couple of questions and the email came back as undeliverable / User Not Found. Are they still in business????

Thanks!
Herts, England United Kingdom
Andy
Kudos: 11,631
29 Jul 2005
To run multi-user software you will need one computer to act as a server and be on the whole time. You can use the same computer for normal work as well but if you turn it off the other PC's won't have access to the data.

Zoovy are very much in business to the best of my knowledge. Did you use one of these emails - www.zoovy.com/company/contact/ ?
Andy Geldman, Web Retailer
Please follow on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn or Google+

2nd Office
ChannelAdvisor
XSellco
Volo