UK eBay powerseller union!

Poster
City_Knight
Kudos: 20
UK eBay powerseller union!
29 Jul 2005
I wanted to gauge interest in a lobby group to get UK eBay and PayPal users a better deal. It is clear from the eBay university programme QA that they at least make an effort to listen, but at the least, UK sellers should get the same service as US sellers, like having a PayPal credit card where you can spend the funds from your account, and even earn a fee rebate..
With PowerSellers grouping together, we could make them listen to our requests.
What do you all think, and what would be reasonable objectives for changes in policy?
Herts, England United Kingdom
Andy
Kudos: 11,661
Re: UK eBay powerseller union!
9 Aug 2005
I think it's a great idea.

The US association PESA seem to have quite a high profile - www.gopesa.org/ - and might be a useful model to follow.

I think you only need a few dozen top sellers to get noticed, and it's pretty easy to find out who those people are (e.g. www.nortica.com/UserArea/ebay500_29.asp and I also have my own list).

If someone is willing to start the association up I will do what I can to help out.

[Last edited: 6 Sep 2005]
Andy Geldman, Web Retailer
Please follow on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn or Google+
Supplier
United Kingdom United Kingdom
sellthemoon
Kudos: 270
6 Sep 2005
I think some form of UK Powerseller Association is a good idea - it can offer positive things to eBay as well as campaigning against certain actions. The upcoming fee increases with eBay UK regarding Buy It Now (new sliding scale increases top tier fees by 300%) and Fixed Price Listings (again top tier increase of 50%) are a sign of things to come - they are not the actions of a customer orientated business. Whilst such an association would have very limited scope initially, it would be good to get the foundations in place now.
Herts, England United Kingdom
Andy
Kudos: 11,661
2 Jul 2006
It looks like there is finally a UK eBay sellers "union" - FOEB, the "Federation Of eBay Businesses".

www.foeb.org.uk
Andy Geldman, Web Retailer
Please follow on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn or Google+
United Kingdom United Kingdom
City_Knight
3 Jul 2006
So they tell us a lot about what they DON'T do.. what exactly DO they do?

www.foeb.org.uk/faqs.htm

Maybe its a cunning ploy to get loads of inbound links to boost their pagerank.. not from this forum though (nofollow)
UK United Kingdom
mountcomp
Kudos: 25
3 Jul 2006
Hi guys
Thanks for your interest in the FOEB! I'm happy to try and answer any questions you may have.

The FOEB is however not a "union" or "lobby" group and eBay would never officially recognise one anyway.

The FOEB was conceived to promote issues in the wider media that concern eBay sellers whilst at the same time giving the media a "non-official" source they could contact away from the ebay PR team should they have the need. FOEB founder members are available for press interviews on an unpaid volunteer basis.

The FOEB's main aim is to promote eBay as a venue for professional business sellers, best practises of trading and safe ways of buying. Membership of the FOEB is free, and in the future it is likely that there will be additional benefits for members.

cheers
mountcomp
India India
charis
27 Jan 2009
Hi,

Thanks for sharing your posts! I feel eBay powerseller union will help to promote ebay business and help each member to become an eminent powerseller. There are some great tips for starting your own Ebay business all over the internet. Every part of power selling is covered on this website, it is jam packed with free and easy steps for anyone to take to be and Ebay Power Seller.

[Last edited: 27 Jan 2009]

Volo
Selro
StoreFeeder
World First