Auction Chief or equivalent recommendation?

Poster
comicart
Kudos: 35
Auction Chief or equivalent recommendation?
30 Jul 2005
I have been using Auction Chief for years to make ebay searches, save them, have automatic interval searching and then saving the results. You could then create a snipe or just watch them. I set mine to refresh every hour or so.

But I think they are no longer in business....I can't get them to respond and the s/w needs to be updated to match some changes on eBay.

Anybody have an recommendations for a similar product?
Herts, England United Kingdom
Andy
Kudos: 11,661
Re: Auction Chief or equivalent recommendation?
31 Jul 2005
Hi, take a look at other software in the searching and sniping categories. I am not sure you will find a single equivalent product that's free like Auction Chief, but popular choices include Prospector for eBay, Auction Sentry, JBidWatcher (free sniper), and AuctionSieve (free searcher).

I hope that helps! Let me know what works for you, and any reviews are much appreciated!

[Last edited: 12 Jul 2012]
Andy Geldman, Web Retailer
Please follow on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn or Google+
United States United States
comicart
31 Jul 2005
I have looked at those, but so far none of them have the flexibility and abilities that Auction Chief had -- at least from my needs and use.

On ebay, I ran about 120 auctions, refreshed every 20 minutes or so. AC created a list of responses, indicating the new ones, in a mini-browser This list was single lines with title, description, starting and bid price - you could customize this. You reviewed them by doubleclicking. Those you didn't want, you deleted, leaving those you wanted to watch or snipe. If you wanted to snipe, you filled in the snipe amount. Adding searches with all the eBay options was a breeze. If you came across an auction you wanted to manually add, just hit the add icon in the browser.

I have yet to find any s/w as easy and quick to set-up, use and monitor.

RDG
comicart
31 Jul 2005
Opps -- I don't mind if I have to pay. That is a non-issue for me.

RDG
Oceanside,California United States
Pali1
Kudos: 20
13 Aug 2005
I, too, have searched high and low for a product that does what Auction Chief did- I am bummed that it's gone. If anyone knows of a product that lists searches and lets you ignore for all time those that you don't select and follow those that you are interested in- I'd appreciate it!

[Last edited: 13 Aug 2005]
comicart
13 Aug 2005
I tried about a dozen auction monitors and finally settled on BayProspector (www.bayprospector.com). it does much the same as Auction Chief, including a server based sniping system. it is a bit cluttered, but they have some good options coming up in version 2, which will be out this month....or so they say.

10 days of using it and okay so far.

RDG
Oceanside,California United States
Pali1
Kudos: 20
13 Aug 2005
I've tried Prospector but have not been able to figure out just how to keep watched but list only items that are new since last look- guess I'll have to get into it a bit more- other attempts have included "My Auction Search" and "Nabit"- neither of which seems suitable. Thanks for the response!
mervis
Kudos: 15
27 Aug 2005
Auction Chief has just released version 2.34. Go to the Auction Chief download page and download this latest version. It works great! I'm really happy the author finally updated the software!

howdy2u.home.texas.net/auctionchief2/downloaddemo.htm
chengtan
Kudos: 30
30 Aug 2005
Hi Pali1,

I'm the developer of Prospector and you can contact me at support@bayprospector.com. I'd like to be sure I'm answering your question correctly.

Prospector is now at v2.0. There are new features and numerous improvements, and there's now a free Lite version that doesn't expire. It's fully functional except for daily search and monthly bid limits. For many users, it may be all they need.

World First
Seller Dynamics
ReplyManager
Sellware