OMS - Pros and Cons

Poster
bubblefast
Kudos: 48
OMS - Pros and Cons
22 Feb 2014
Hello. There are an overwhelming number of Order Management Systems out there. I'm looking for some feedback from users of some of these systems. I would like to find a system that can import orders from eBay, Amazon and my website, allow me to print labels, and have the tracking numbers posted back. I don't mind paying up front fees or monthly fees. However, I would prefer not to pay both. We are a family owned e-commerce business looking for an affordable solution to free up some of our data entry time.

Any advice out there that can help me decide?

Thanks,
Mark
Herts, England United Kingdom
Andy
Kudos: 11,619
Re: OMS - Pros and Cons
24 Feb 2014
Hi Mark, did you check out the order management tools in the directory?

Which shopping cart do you use for your website? Which carriers do you use? That will help narrow it down some more.
Andy Geldman, Web Retailer
Please follow on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn or Google+
United States United States
bubblefast
24 Feb 2014
Thanks, Andy for your reply. I did check the directory, but there are very few reviews. I am hoping to hear some practical advice regarding some of the tools. I use USPS and FedEx. Our website is ProductCart.

Hope this helps,
Thanks,
Mark
Andy
24 Feb 2014
Ah, OK. There is only one order management system I know of that is integrated with ProductCart: Mailware. It's not in the directory yet.

I'm sure you could get some level of integration with other systems by using a manual data export/import but the Mailware integration should be more sophisticated than that.

Update: Mailware has been added to the directory.

[Last edited: 10 Mar 2014]
bubblefast
24 Feb 2014
Thank you, Andy. I will definitely check them out. I do know that very few systems integrate with ProductCart so I an still keep my mind open to other systems. I am willing to go the export/import route if necessary. Just looking for the best system to meet our needs.

So, if there are other recommendations from anybody, I'm open to listen!

Thanks again,
Mark
Midlothian, VA United States
Jax Music Supply
Kudos: 2,361
19 Mar 2014
Not sure what you are looking for in an OMS but have you looked at ShipWorks? They intergrate with a lot of carts as well as all the major (and most minor) marketplaces. Custom invoices, easy shipping integration including uploading of tracking numbers to marketplaces. Don't know where you are but they are based in the US.
bubblefast
19 Mar 2014
Thank you, Jax, for your suggestion. I have, indeed, checked out ShipWorks. While a mighty fine software, they are mostly back end shipping and not quite as robust as we need to integrate all our marketplaces.

I do appreciate your help.

Mark
Midlothian, VA United States
Jax Music Supply
Kudos: 2,361
19 Mar 2014
Cool. What other requirements are you looking for? Seems like download, ship, paste back, can all be done in several different software packages.
bubblefast
19 Mar 2014
Actually, Andy recommended that I took a look at Mailware. We did and have now contracted with them. Mailware seems like a dynamite OMS software that integrates with eBay, Amazon and our shopping cart. Has excellent inventory management, as well.
Andy
19 Mar 2014
Hi Mark, great to hear you have found a good fit for your business.

I'd appreciate it if you could leave a review of Mailware when you have time.

XSellco
Volo
Selro
StoreFeeder