Listing services

Poster
Jax Music Supply
Kudos: 2,387
Listing services
19 Mar 2014
Not having a lot of luck finding a replacement for Blackthorne. I liked the look of SixBit they were unable to get the software working on my laptop - which is only a year old so it wasn't as if were asking for much. I've looked at several others as well as reviews on this site. A lot are defunct and the ones that aren't do not have many reviews or the review are more than 3 years old, which is ancient in computer time. The biggest obsticle I see is that I'd like to have ready access to the data in the listing tool in a programmatic - either XML feed or direct to the database. Anyone having any luck with a particular listing tool?
Supplier
Marina Del Rey, CA United States
Solid Commerce
Kudos: 250
Re: Listing services
21 Mar 2014
We can definitely help you out if you're looking for a Blackthorne replacement.

Right now, we're offering a special promotion for eBay users that are moving away from Blackthrone.

Through May 1st, you can use our eBay Listing Management Suite totally free, and with a $200 discount on our onboarding fees.

Our eBay Listing Management Suite is a TON more full-featured than Blackthorne was, and will give you a ton of ways to optimize your inventory -- kitting and bundling, live editing, etc. It's great!

Take a look here: solidcommerce.com/solutions/marketplaces/ebay/

You're more than welcome to shoot me an email at sean.b@SolidCommerce.com if you'd like a bit more information!
Midlothian, VA United States
Jax Music Supply
23 Mar 2014
Thanks. I appreciate your reply. However, we have our own inventory synch across multiple marketplaces and our websites. Additionally, we are totally opposed to revenue sharing for tools such as this.
kop
United States United States
kop
Kudos: 34
24 Mar 2014
Hi Jax, did you use to post at Auction Software Review? (Is this place the successor?)

I'm going to say what I didn't like about Blackthorne was it was always slow, slow, slow. SixBit was even more so. And I have a computer I built myself from the fastest parts, and even a superfast intel SSD drive vs a regular harddrive and it still performed like a dog. Since the same people built it, I guess it was because they used slow databases and it absolutely did not have to be that way.

I'm using Highwire now which is inkFrog's webstore + ebay solution (Inkfrog is the listing solution it is based on). It's webbased and has it's faults and isn't quite a good lister as Blackthorne was. Bulk editing via CSV. But I think it has decent features, has been improving steadily and for my needs is 80% there. With the free trial, I recommend checking it out. It's also very economical.

The major downsides is it can be slow at times and it has no staggered listing at times, it will just dump it all in at the beginning of the hour of the scheduled time unlist listed manually. I can live with it. I'm still not convince it can handle huge inventory loads though.

I've tried Vendio/Auctiva/Volusion/BigCommerce and a bunch of others and they're all junk. I'm looking into SureDone right now. If it works, it's worth the money. But I've been let down a lot of times before.
Midlothian, VA United States
Jax Music Supply
25 Mar 2014
Yep, visited a lot under the old site and continued after Andy relaunched under the new format. I'll take a look at your suggestion.
Supplier
Marina Del Rey, CA United States
Solid Commerce
Kudos: 250
25 Mar 2014
We've got a lot of flexible pricing options if revenue share doesn't work for you. You're more than welcome to shoot me a message for a bit more info.
Supplier
Manila Philippines
2nd Office
Kudos: 553
29 Mar 2014
Hi Jax,

Have you looked into Magento M2EPro? It should be able to do what Blackthorne did. If you combo it with a modified version of Magmi, you're able to do excel import and exports just like blackthorne. They're templating system is similar to Blackthorne's but on steriods. The custom fields in BT are the same thing as attributes in Magento, but you can have as many attributes as you need. I have been a BT user since 2000, and Magento is definitely more scalable. Magento also provides a ton of 3rd party extensions and the support for it is huge.

PM me or contact me via email if you want to chat about it.
eCommerce Staffing Solutions. Expand your team with us, so your current team can focus on innovation and save up to 70% off labor costs www.2ndoffice.co
Supplier
monica.petraitis
Kudos: 15
5 May 2014
Hi - just wanted to see if you've considered trying World Lister? It's free to use, and you can use it on any/multiple devices.

Here's the comparison chart between it's offerings, as well as Auctiva, SixBit, inkFrog and Selling Manager Pro:

worldlister.co/comparison.jsp

Hope it helps?

-Monica
Vivian K.
Kudos: 23
7 May 2014
Hey Monica,

I've used World Lister and it's been a real time-saver! I sell a lot of clothing on eBay and World Lister has an easy measuring system with illustrations build in, and it even created a title and full description for me. I don't have to sit there and figure out what to write about each item. The listing layout looks very professional and somehow my listings show up much higher in search results than they used to.
Definitely give it a shot!

Volo
Selro
StoreFeeder
World First